lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
JW67
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car starting problem

If your cart won't shut off with the wire un hooked, then the carb is not closing all the way when you let off the gas. Possibly fluiding when you shut it off and try to run it again soon after. When you stop, pressure from the fuel pump continues to let gas run into the carb and flood it. Just like a car, you wait and it will start up later. I would look into adjusting the carb so it closes all the way when you let off the gas. This can be causing some of your problems too. Even though you say it has no spark sometime. It is so hard to troubleshoot without being right there.
JW67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
So it is written, so shall it be tried!!

By someone that will over rev it, blow it up, and blame someone here.....
I take your point Mr sneaky writing Crash( btw ) but the bloody on off on off nature of the RPM limiter was making me sea sick. I installed a tach and adjusted the governor to limit my RPM's to a sensible level and get constant requests to do the same for other private cart owners at our country club. The limiter is not a bad fail safe in of itself but man, the darned things are all over the place. Some carts run 12 / 15 mph no problems while others can scarcely make it past an arthritic pensioner on his way to check his lottery tickets on a mobility scooter. I'm not advocating the carte blanche removal of all the RPM limitations but I'll be darned if I'm shelling out $$$$ to replace the ignition limiter. If anyone wants one, I have several, severed, perfectly good units for sale. PM me.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I feel your pain Chris, and personally agree, because most of us have the smarts and common sense to not run the rods through the block.
It's who I call the kkk's, know knothing knuckleheads, that take everything they read literally and then cry because they were lead astray.
Being self employed in a Fabrication business years ago has imprinted the liability aspect of every decision in my brain.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
KSCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I put the new igniter on last night seemed to fix it immediately. However, today when I tried it again it stopped while I was driving. I may have to replace the rev limiter as well. If I disconnect the brown ground wire on the rev limiter will the engine still run? Will it shut off when you let off the gas?
KSCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Yes it will still run and shut off when the pedal is released.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCart View Post
I put the new igniter on last night seemed to fix it immediately. However, today when I tried it again it stopped while I was driving. I may have to replace the rev limiter as well. If I disconnect the brown ground wire on the rev limiter will the engine still run? Will it shut off when you let off the gas?
My previous statement was not to mislead you by any means as some have stated? I was only trying to explain a way you can tell if it's the rev limiter or not. I have done this on several carts to diagnose problems with spark. The rev limiter is on the cart to keep the engine safe, but if the govenor is hooked up and you have the rpm's in a safe range under 4,200 rpm you should be fine. Let us know what you find out.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
KSCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I replaced the igniter and still had some issues so I unhooked the brown ground wire to the rev limiter and it seems to be working fine now. Rev limiters are expensive so I think I will run this way and monitor it for a while. The govenor
seems to keep the rpms under control anyway.

I did have a time this weekend when I was working it really hard pulling a yard rake through some dirt so I could plant some grass seed that the cart shut off. No spark and would not start. Do these carts have a engine temp sensor that shuts them off if they get too hot?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no i don,t beleive so..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #19
KSCart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok still broke. Shutting down when the cart warms up. Any suggestions on what to do next? I check the spark when it does this and there is none. RPM limiter is unhooked and the limiter is new. Should I buy a coil?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #20
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like a classic coil / ignitor issue to me. I've been through this several times; The units check out perfectly to factory specs when the spark is absent but just the same, it turns out to be one or the other or a combined unit issue.
I would love to hear a rational explanation of this phenomenon.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car