lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
hanly2
Getting Wild

Default Can someone tell me specs for clutch puller bolt?

My Dad said that he can make a puller bolt at work he just needs to know what size to make it. I was wondering what the diameter, length and threads are? Also are those threads left or right?
Thanks
hanly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Can someone tell me specs for clutch puller bolt?

i,m not sure but i have made a few out of what i thought was more than strong enough metel only to find it wasn,t enough so i bought one......they used to cost 15 bucks i,m not sure what they want now......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
hanly2
Getting Wild

I am not worried about the strength I just need to know the size and threads. Nobody wants to share the secret?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Not really any secret, I don't have my cart here so I can't help now.
I made my own also and it wasn't hard at all.
I'm at work now so can't check but thinking it is 3/4 fine, right hand thread but cant remember the pin length or diameter.
I think 5/16 pin dia. since the bolt is 3/8 but you can check all of that easy enough.

If you can remove your bolt and do some measuring you can add dimensions to my drawing

This is what I did. I also made one with a 20" rod so I could reach between the frame and spring and hit it with the impact for motors in the cart.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
hanly2
Getting Wild

Wow must be a pretty well guarded secret. Everyone must have stock in the company that sells these bolts for $40. I did some checking and it looks like the Bolt is about 7" long with the skinny end being 5/16 the middle being 3/8 and the threads being 7/16-20. I will let you know if this works so anyone can look it up.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Did you not read the post above your last one?
Why don't you do all the measurements, post what your dad made and destroy all of our retirement plans.........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
hanly2
Getting Wild

I did read your post and your drawing is a big help, I appreciate it. I was just hoping one of these other guys that could afford to buy the $40 bolt could check it out for me, guess not. I have restored a car and 2 motorcycles using message boards because when someone comes up with a good idea and a way to make something on the cheap they post the info instead of trying to sell a cheap imitation. However if someone wants to pay to have a cheap one made by a person on the forum I see nothing wrong with that either. Also noticed that those nice Yamaha guys actually have a tool loan thread. Imagine that.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

I agree, this is a huge secret
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,ll tell you what i have one but its 140 miles away if you can wait till this weekend i,ll give you everything you need......it shouldn,t be a big secret i think problem is most people who have it and theres not as many as you think leave it where cart is and around it thats at camp.....when i bought mine i paid 15 bucks for it so if they are 40 now.............i should have bought a 100.......where my camp is i always have someone asking bto borrow it so i know its not something everyone has, some people don,t even know you need a puller until they need it....................but i,ll get you the specs if you can wait..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
hanly2
Getting Wild

Thanks Tom. I am sure that info could help out for other people down the road.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car