lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Squealing Noise When Starting

Over the past few months I've noticed that my 1997 Club Car Golf Cart has been loosing power. Recently, when starting out, I get a squealing noise from the drive belt so I'm assuming I need to replace? The power loss concerns me but I was wondering if changing the belt would correct both of these problems? I did order a new belt, plug, fuel filters and will change the oil and filter while I'm servicing. Also, is there anything I need to know when changing the belt? i never change a drive belt on a golf cart before but very much mechanically inclined. Appreciate the help!!!!!!!
colbyave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Squealing Noise When Starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyave View Post
Over the past few months I've noticed that my 1997 Club Car Golf Cart has been loosing power. Recently, when starting out, I get a squealing noise from the drive belt so I'm assuming I need to replace? The power loss concerns me but I was wondering if changing the belt would correct both of these problems? I did order a new belt, plug, fuel filters and will change the oil and filter while I'm servicing. Also, is there anything I need to know when changing the belt? i never change a drive belt on a golf cart before but very much mechanically inclined. Appreciate the help!!!!!!!
Nothing much to changing your drive belt Colby, simply roll the old one off the pulley and do the reverse to replace. The new one will likely be harder to get on due it being not worn but really not so bad at all. While you are replacing the drive belt I'd suggest also replacing the SG belt. A little trickier and you may need a third hand to help but a worthwhile thing to change when you do your service

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply Chris. Appreciate the advice and help. Just starting to work on the cart and still learning a few things but do appreciate the guidance. Have a good one and thanks again!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: Squealing Noise When Starting

Thnaks for the advice. Got the belt, plug and fuel filters and my cart seems much better. Not quite the power it had in the past but better. Next I'm going to clean the carb but I have one question: I believe someone told me in the past that there were grease fittings for the drive pully assy and I couldn't find them when I jacked her up and looked. If there are fittings, can you direct me as to where they are? As always, I appreciate the guidance and hope I can help someone in the future. Thanks again!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Another thing is I gained a little power back by blowing the dust out of the clutch, all I could figure was blowing the dust out just allowed the internal parts to move easier and fully. Now I blow mine out about once a month.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok will take care of this tonight. Have you ever had the clutch assy apart? Are the grease fittings behind the outer pully cover? Not sure I'm explaining myself correctly but looking under the seat, the pully has a left and right side (right side closer to the engine). There's a center bolt holding the left side pully on and I'm wondering if the grease fitting is behind that cover? Anyway, thanks for the response and help!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there are no grease fittings on the clutch you ARE NOT supposed to grease it, does more harm than good...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
colbyave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Roger that Shadowman. Thanks for the help and have a great day!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car