lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
GoofenoFF
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Took the plunge!

Well, I pulled the trigger and am now officially a cart owner. I bought a gas CC ds today. I won't get it for a few days but I have pretty much decided on the first modifications to be an All Sports Super Sport 6" lift kit, 12" wheels and 23" all terrain tires(brands of wheels and tires undecided...so many choices). I will probably do a rear seat and heavy duty rear springs next. I have already received some great tips through this forum about how to extend the front engine mount and modify the breather tube to compensate for changes the lift kit will make. Thanks to all who have passed along that knowledge. What other tips or recommendations does anyone have for a new cart owner. I would appreciate any advice from those who have been down that path before me...especailly if it helps keep me from driving too far off it!
GoofenoFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Took the plunge!

Congrats on your new cart Goof!
Post pics of it before, during, and after... and after... and after..... (you'll find the mods never end!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

One of the best mods I've found to any of my carts is a big battery and a stereo. Try to get with with an aux plug just to further expand it's music options. I put one in my first one and and found that we would park the cart by the garage just to have tunes.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
GoofenoFF
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Lock, I will try to remember to take plenty of pictures and post as I go. I had a Harley for 11 years and sold it last spring because we were spending more and more time at the lake and we have a dog that couldn't ride on the Harley. So we got rid of the bike but it looks like this cart thing could be a similar addiction in that the cart itself is just the tip of the iceberg as far as add ons and extras.
I saw in your pics you changed from 22"s to 25"s. What was the main reason for the change...performance?...looks? As I mentioned above I am looking at 23" tires on 12" wheels with the 6" A-arm lift kit. With what you know were you in my shoes, no pun intended, what route would you take? By the way that is a nice looking place you have there. How big is the lake and do you have a boat too?
GoofenoFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Uh oh... someone's been checking up on me!

I think the 23's with a 6" lift should look really good!
As long as you don't do any "major" off roading, you shouldn't have problems with the tires rubbing on the body!
It's always been to my understanding, that 22's are about the max you should go with a 6" lift, but, some have proved that wrong!
(you'll eventually find where the limits of your cart are, just lead up to them slowly!)

Also... don't worry about lowering the front of your engine cradle just yet,
mark your oil level on the dipstick after you put your lift on, (for future oil changes)
then, see if you really need to lower it afterwards! (Most people with up to 6"s of lift don't have to!)

Oh and... WARNING!!! most dogs love to ride on carts! you may never get a chance to go for a ride "just by yourself"!

And to answer your other questions:

I changed from 22's to 25's for a couple reasons:

1st... I added a Jake's 3" spindle lift to my existing 4" Z lift,
and I didn't like the additional "exposed" wheel well, and I wanted to fill it up, so the 25's went on!
(and an added "perk"... I did get a few extra MPH's with the larger tires!)

and 2nd... because I could!

Next... The lake is about 66 acres, the deepest spot is about 13'... but still has GREAT fishing!
And no, I don't have a boat, I have too much invested in my cart just to "leave it sit" while I'm there!
If I want to go fishing or boating, I can either go out with someone, or borrow one! (it's good to have friends!)

anyways... enough about me, carry on Goof, and don't forget the pictures!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car