lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default 1986 CC DS runs, but wont move...

That's right, my cart runs fine, but in either forward or reverse, it doesn't move. Front and rear clutches appear to be working properly, they spin and squeeze the belts the faster they spin, but no wheels spinning. Is this an easy repair internally in the rear differential or should I start shopping for a new rear-end? Thanks everyone.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: 1986 CC DS runs, but wont move...

Ok, I was going to take the belt off and found that the drive clutch could be pulled right off. Is the clutch supposed to be pressed on or is there a pin or something that attaches it? Do you think I just need a new clutch?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
fastercarter
Gone Wild

The clutch (drive) is on a taper and should be retained by a bolt. The driven is located via a woodruffe key and a bolt.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Ok, there is definitely a threaded hole on the end of the shaft and the shaft is notched for a keyway. Now.....where do I get this missing bolt, washer and key?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Did you figure this out? Sounds like someone just put it in maintenance mode to me.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok the rear clutch has a woodriff key and a bolt that holds it on...with a washer too. the front clutch is on a taper shaft and has a bolt, and a washer too. the front clutch should need a puller to remova from shaft. as spring says, is it in maintance mode? on the back of the fwd/rev switch is a yellow or white cam. the cartis only supose to start in gear. but you can put it in neutrel, flip that cam to maintance mode, and it will start and run in that mode. but as i rember once you put it back in gear, it will not run.
also as i dont kow about the kf engine, the fe(ohv), he clutch bolt is left thread, not right thread. nut i cant answer that question for you
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have seen this several times before, hardware store will have the square key stock you are looking for, about 3 inches i think is what you need. Take the torque convertor or "driven clutch" to the store with you and tell them you need a 3 inch long piece of key stock, I think the bolt is a 5/16 course thread bolt about 1-1/4 inch long, you also need a lock washer and a flat washer, simple install.....

Just so everybody knows, a woodruff key is the half moon looking key, these old CC have a piece of square key stock about 3 inches long holding the torque convertor from spinning on the shaft...
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car