lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Roof mod's

On my 96 DS the roof is slanted from the front to the back to allow water to run to the rear and drip off which makes sense. However, in my opinion at least, the roof being higher in the front doesn't look right. Has anyone ever chopped their roof to make it level, or even have it a touch lower in the front than it is in the rear?

My cart will not fit in my enclosed trailer with the roof on so I am going to have to do some fab work on the supports to make the roof quickly removeable anyways so I was thinking of incorporating the chop into that project.

My current thought is to drop the front 3 inches which will put the front one inch lower than the rear. Any thoughts??????
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Roof mod's

After I lifted my Marathon & then installed a roof rack on top of it, it was too tall to get in the garage. So I chopped about 3" out of it & welded it all back together. Worked out really well..... till my buddy was out raising hell on it one night. He tipped the cart up on the side. Only damage was the broken welds on the roof supports...... and his sore shoulder. Guess he sort of deserved that one though.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Well, took the leap last night and cut three inches out of the front roof supports so I guess I'll be chopping the roof a bit!!

Still trying to finalize the best way to put the roof supports back together since I want them to be easily removable to fit the cart in my trailer. I was working on an internal sleeve set up last night but the awkward inner diameter of the roof support makes it hard to get a snug fit that won't rattle around all day long.

I've also considered an external sleeve as well but from a looks standpoint I'd rather have an internal sleeve if possible.

I'll get it figured out and post up some pic's as the process moves forward. I'm past the point of no return now so............
Old 06-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I did an internal sleeve but I welded it..... drilled a couple of holes in each section then did plug welds & the seam itself.

This is another option for you too:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ts-camper.html
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^

Yeah, if I was just putting it back together that would be the way to go for sure. That would work the best and eliminate any rattles, which is one of my worries with what I want to do.

I've seen that hinge video before, pretty slick set up and would work pretty good for what I want but I'm looking forward to the fun of coming up with something on my own. The fabrication is the fun part (usually.....) :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car