lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default PULLING the front wheel

I have a g29 with the plowmans clutch upgrades.....
It seems that when I am climbing a little bit of and incline or turning sharply at slow speeds I can just slightly accelerate and it will pull the front tire (inside tire) off the ground giving the driver(me) an uneasy feeling when driving the cart......anybody have a solution.
Thanks cart family
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: PULLING the front wheel

Yep, G29's are very light in the front end. I did install some old "tractor weights, the flat ones" to several G29's with rear facing seats and it seemed to help. Or you could go a "long travel" lift
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try having one almost tip as your getting off with it parked on a slight hill(yea that was nerve wrecking) I had it happen a few times with my dad sitting on the cart(YIKES!!)

Both drivers side wheels came off the ground at the time and it made me afraid to get off the cart in fear of it tipping(luckily it didn't)
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:35 AM   #4
raceinsnow
Not Yet Wild

Has any one tried to load the tires like they do on tractors? They fill the rear tires on tractors with I think beat juice so it wont freeze and it adds weight to the rear of the tractor. That should work on the front tires on a cart to keep the front down.
raceinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #5
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceinsnow View Post
Has any one tried to load the tires like they do on tractors? They fill the rear tires on tractors with I think beat juice so it wont freeze and it adds weight to the rear of the tractor. That should work on the front tires on a cart to keep the front down.
I wonder if that would have an effect on the balance......
its already questionable when I am rolling 30 and it feels like something is going to come apart

I like the idea though
Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #6
buzzdone
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

beat juice ? we always used antifrezz and water where are you from buzzdone
buzzdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzdone View Post
beat juice ? we always used antifrezz and water where are you from buzzdone
in Michigan, I might add a little weight up front under the body. I had my ladies on the back and went around a tree and pulled the front wheel. I don't really care for that feeling. I am really curious if I add a little more spring in the rear if that will help with transfer.
I have had a decent amount of weight on the back hauling bags of cement down to my garden and it didn't really put much stress on the rear springs
Old 04-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hmm

My dad has one of those adapters that allows you to put water in tires with I wonder if it would help with the cart tires

Does the psi rating on the tire what you go by or the owners manual(manual shows 15psi but that's for stock 8's my dad's cart has the 12 inch rim and tire package and the tires show a much higher rating(I think 20 or 35 psi max)

Just wondering
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #9
BigShowDuramax
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I'm having the same problem with my 2013. I have seen the HD rear springs, does this help any? I want to try it if it will help but haven't ordered them yet.
BigShowDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #10
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have not ordered them either, I don't know that it will push more weight to the front because the pivot point on the rear axle like everyone has pointed out. I did notice a nice large open space right under the front cowl that I am going to add 100 and see what that gets me. It is pretty open under there to add, I am just not 100 percent on what exactly I am going to add.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha