lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
chainsaw75
Not Yet Wild

Default lack of power on fe290 after mods

hi i have a 2000.5 ds with a fe290 motor. i installed an 8 inch allsport lift and 26 in tires.i understood that there would be a loss of power,but it seems as though the motor itself doesnt run right.i put a set of 23in tires on to see if there was any difference,and there was none.when i did the lift,the hose connected to the airbox was pinched off,so a buddy that was helping me put the lift on had a k&n filter sitting there that fit the hose itslef perfect.btw,i also did the power spring while we were doing this.the motor ran fine before the lift and tires,could it be the air filter or the spring?you cant press all the way down on the gas or it will just sit there and bog down,but let up to halfway and the motor seems to run ok.will not having a choke matter,as i never needed to use it with the stock tires.thanks to any help anybody can give me .
chainsaw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lack of power on fe290 after mods

Those motors are realy picky about having the stock air box attached. It messes up the air/fuel mix. Try using a radiator hose or such to reconnect the orig air box and see if that fixes it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
chainsaw75
Not Yet Wild

i was just out running it and it seems to run better warmed up.i do notice that i have to push the pedal down like halfway before it starts,could have something to do with it.i adjusted the rod but it doesnt seem to work enough.btw where is the spring for me to zip tie on the 2000.5
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put the airbox back to factory and you might see some improvements. My 290 didnt like having its airbox messed with.
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i agree try going back to the stock air system and see if that improves it...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yep, Like The Shadow says..... those motors don't like to run with anything other than the stock air cleaner on ..... it messes up the air/fuel mixture
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yep, Like The Shadow says..... those motors don't like to run with anything other than the stock air cleaner on ..... it messes up the air/fuel mixture
Yeppers, these motors run best with the stock set up. Add all the KNN''s you want but you will be hard pressed to get an improvement over standard. The problem is (imo) that so many modifications are made, and are are so
indefinitive that no single owner can supply the information to another because the parameters can change so easily from one cart to the next.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yep don't screw with the stock airbox unless you are a carb garu. just go back to stock box all will be well
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
oldsporty1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't know if this will help, I have a 2000.5 also went to the camp this weekend cart would not start. last week I noticed that it just didn't seem to run good. long story short. replaced plug,fuel pump,adjusted the valves,rebuilt the carb,still would'nt run. found out that it was the muffler stopped up! took muffler off and the cart started right up and ran fine. again I don't know if this helps but if you can't seem to find the problem give it a try.
oldsporty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
chainsaw75
Not Yet Wild

gonna try the stock box later today,just need to find a way to alleviate the sharp angle at the outlet. the black box is in the way and its a tight turn
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car