lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: new donor motor for club car.

bd,

buy the opposed briggs if it has a bearing on the flywheel side. then have a shaft made for it.
kam
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep me posted - I've been toying with the idea of running on the flywheel side for months.
mjribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
Rethink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

For what it's worth I started out using the stock 98cw rear end but with all the talk about the forward and reverse gear ratios I traded the rear end for an older ccw. I started building the jack shaft set up but decided switching the rear was the best bet, less to break basiclly. Will see how this set up works out. Motor should be here this week, I went ahead and repainted everthing rebuilt the shock mounts for the old style rear end too. Wish Fed Ex delivered 24/7 lol Good luck guys will post some pics of the build soon.
Rethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #14
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethink View Post
For what it's worth I started out using the stock 98cw rear end but with all the talk about the forward and reverse gear ratios I traded the rear end for an older ccw. I started building the jack shaft set up but decided switching the rear was the best bet, less to break basiclly. Will see how this set up works out. Motor should be here this week, I went ahead and repainted everthing rebuilt the shock mounts for the old style rear end too. Wish Fed Ex delivered 24/7 lol Good luck guys will post some pics of the build soon.

jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
wish i could find an older transaxel for my cart that would be easier. there would be a lot more engine choices. i can still remember being told by bill miller golfcarts in ft wayne that the 97 and newer cc were way better because the had a much better transaxel. wish i could go back in time and 'have a word.........''
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got my duromax engine today, it was $289 shipped
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Rethink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Blackdeath- Fed Ex tracking says mine will be on the door step tomorrow... will see can't wait to mock it all up. I also ordered the spring kit and new weights for the stock clutch. Hope I can use it for now. Went ahead and ordered the 3.5 tach from CPP thought it would look good on the steering column too. Do you have any pics of your build...? I will get ya'll some soon.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Blackdeath- Fed Ex tracking says mine will be on the door step tomorrow... will see can't wait to mock it all up. I also ordered the spring kit and new weights for the stock clutch. Hope I can use it for now. Went ahead and ordered the 3.5 tach from CPP thought it would look good on the steering column too. Do you have any pics of your build...? I will get ya'll some soon.
isn't your cart clockwise?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
Rethink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
isn't your cart clockwise?
Yeah, well it was... I have a 98 cart but I swaped out the rearend to an older one... have to turn the clutch slides around to run ccw but other than that everything will work. Talked with Tom today at CPP and it sounds like I have everything covered. Got the motor today... broke it down, took the gov out and buttoned it back up. Also noticed the weak rocker arms will have to watch the rpms. ( I do have a big tach coming from CPP ) Plan is to drop it in tomorrow will let ya'll know how it goes.

BTW there is some talk about running on the flywheel side and bearing size on the flywheel side... took a picture of it for everyone to see. They are the same size on the duromax 16hp motors. ( the Maxtool engines ) The flywheel would need to be changed but may work for the CW CC carts.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
BTW there is some talk about running on the flywheel side and bearing size on the flywheel side... took a picture of it for everyone to see. They are the same size on the duromax 16hp motors. ( the Maxtool engines ) The flywheel would need to be changed but may work for the CW CC carts.
There is a bearing on the flywheel side of the duramax?
mjribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car