lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: new donor motor for club car.

I havent started my build at all, I ordered the engine as it was $289 shipped. COuldnt beat that price so I jumped on it before everthing else goes up in the world. I still dont know if I wana put it in the 90 or 99 cart, I do have an extra ccw rearend for the 99 and I wont sell it. Just gota make some time
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Guys - check this out, It could support the eight of the clutch on the flywheel side up to 4400 rpms....

http://www.zero-max.com/model-mount-...p-18-l-en.html
mjribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #23
Rethink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjribeiro View Post
There is a bearing on the flywheel side of the duramax?
There is a bearing on the flywheel side, same size as the shaft side. I retrack the statement about changing the flywheel, looks like you can use it.

The overload bearing looks nice but space will be an issue on that side not to mention I bet they cost 2-3 hundred bucks each, if not more...
Rethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #24
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow - a $300 Duramax has a bearing on the flywheel side and the vanguard only has an oil seal - go figure!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #25
mjribeiro
Gone Wild

Club Car

New news guys - the commercial vanguards do have at least an oiled bushing on the flywheel side. See picture here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...tml#post501628
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #26
Rethink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjribeiro View Post
Wow - a $300 Duramax has a bearing on the flywheel side and the vanguard only has an oil seal - go figure!
Yeah the bottom end looks strong... well strong enough for about 5k rpms, rod will fail after that... just my thoughts. However the top end looks weak not to the point I am concerned about it, if the motor fails it will be because of the top end is all I am saying. I don't plan on running over 5k with this one, may order another one and build it using some parts off NR's site...

Hope to finish the swap today... hasn't been to bad really. I measure the severity by how many times you have to pull the motor back out... twice, not bad in my book. I have about 20hrs on the build so far. Used alot of the factory parts just modified them alot. It will never be a stock cart again thats for sure. Will post pics soon, hopefully they will help everyone with their build.
Rethink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car