lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
lionfish37
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine Rebuild Help or Suggestions

I have a 1990 Club car that the engine has seized up. Rod started to Kn ock and then locked up. I live in South West Michigan and having trouble finding someone that can work on it.

I noticed some rebuild kits on Ebay but was thinking the core exchange option might be better. Anyone have a good place to do a core exchange or repair person.

Thanks

Scott
lionfish37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Engine Rebuild Help or Suggestions

Scott, I'm a certified by Michigan State University golf course mechanic and work for a number of courses in West Michigan. Independant contractor located in Grand Haven, MI . I have rebuilt a few of these as well as other golf course machinery engines. Email me at dgd46@att.net and we can get in contact about yours. Darryl
Dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
Scott, I'm a certified by Michigan State University golf course mechanic and work for a number of courses in West Michigan. Independant contractor located in Grand Haven, MI . I have rebuilt a few of these as well as other golf course machinery engines. Email me at dgd46@att.net and we can get in contact about yours. Darryl
Man I love this site when stuff like this happens
Thanks for hanging out and helping out Darryl
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

Here is some further info also that Scott found. J&M Golf Carts in Georgia rebuilds all these engines for a very reasonable price if you can ship your rebuildable core to them. Like myself, they bore the cylinder to 50mm oversize, grind the original crankshaft to 50mm under and replace the piston, rings and rod with new. They also replace the one crankshaft bearing and both crankshaft seals and the other gaskets. For some reason Kawasaki doesn't have a bearing on the flywheel side of the crankshaft. Just a hole in the crankcase and an oil seal. This is on the FE 350D engine, I'm working on now, and I believe the FE 290 is the same. If you have further needed repairs then there is an additional charge to their base charge of $550. These costs seem very reasonable to me as I charge about the same for the same services. I might use J&M myself sometimes when things get too busy.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

$550 #$%^& thats a new set of batteries in a sparky
Thanks for the info.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

Gleemo, yes, your right there. But that engine should last twice the life of a set of batteries. At least. Then when you start figuring the cost of gas and oil and compare it to the cost of electricity for charging batteries, I've never been able to decide which is better in the long run. Some of the golf courses I work for have Club Car electric carts that are 8 to 10 years old all the way back to 25 years old. Still runnin' some early 1980's with the 5 selonoids and heat coils behind the set of batteries. 36 volt jobs. I've replaced motor brushes on 'em and just about every other part too. At least the cart frame isn't rusting out like I see on some Yamaha's and EZGo's. That gets real interesting at times.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car