lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default club car wants to run

just dragged a 04 ds gasser to the house, rear tires are locked, and the motor spins, but wont start. the buggy has been sitting that i know of for 6 months
this thing is a mess...almost overwhelming. where to begin is the main thing. today i will take the back tires off, and see if i can free them up, hoping its the brakes just stuck. i am thinking the the locked wheels maybe keeping it from starting. not sure.
the is my first cart, so i am not up to speed on things like micro switchs, hoping this forum will be just *** kick *** as my harley forum, with knowledgeable moderators that have pationance for slow people wanting to learn.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: club car wants to run

welcome......motor is cranking over but won,t start? you need fuel spark and compression..........so do a compression test make sure your ok than check for spark.......if good than fuel..........find out what you lack and we can go from there............as for the rear wheels being locked up yes theres a good chance its in the cables or brakes being frozen.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

thank you so much, got the back wheels unfrozen, nothing that a big hammer wont take care, took the brake drum off and loosened the shoes a liitle, now the wheels turn free.
as far as the motor goes, i have spark,and fuel and compression. it will fire up it i move what looks to be a governor cable connected to the carb, move the butterfly that the cable connects to and presto she fires up. there is no pedal action. i am now gonna put the cart on jackstands to see where that pedal cables goes.....

p.s.
every bolt i have touched today has snapped in 2, is starting to wonder if it was driven in the ocean......lives on beach
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
thank you so much, got the back wheels unfrozen, nothing that a big hammer wont take care, took the brake drum off and loosened the shoes a liitle, now the wheels turn free.
as far as the motor goes, i have spark,and fuel and compression. it will fire up it i move what looks to be a governor cable connected to the carb, move the butterfly that the cable connects to and presto she fires up. there is no pedal action. i am now gonna put the cart on jackstands to see where that pedal cables goes.....

p.s.
every bolt i have touched today has snapped in 2, is starting to wonder if it was driven in the ocean......lives on beach
..........sounds like your making progress.......salt isn,t good for them so i can see where bolts would break if the cart is on the beach all the time........take your time and have fun post your progress...........the pedal shouldn,t be a real big deal you might find it just somehow is disconnected but on the other hand if salt got to it also.............................
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

yee hawwwwwwwww......

you were right, darn salt air, or salt water ate my throttle cable spring where it attach s to the governor . straightened out what was left on the spring and hooked it up....... big ole smile on my face, my 250 dollar cart may prove my wife wrong about buying other peoples junk. still gonna order a new cable anyways. it actually runs and drives not very fast, but its a start

is buggies unlimited a good place to buy parts, or is there a bussiness better than them to order from????
Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

BU is going through some changes and I havent heard much positive about it.

SHOP HERE!!! These are our sponsors and they also are on here to offer tech support, something else lacking at the other place.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
BU is going through some changes and I havent heard much positive about it.

SHOP HERE!!! These are our sponsors and they also are on here to offer tech support, something else lacking at the other place.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
have to agree try the sponsers here thet are in it for the right reasons......................
Old 10-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
Pinky48
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Isn't it great when You prove the wife wrong.
Pinky48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky48 View Post
Isn't it great when You prove the wife wrong.
I wouldn't know, it's never happened to me in 25 years..........
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car