lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
kewpie79
Getting Wild

Default No turn signal

head Lights and incicator lights work, brake lights work. No blinky. I have the wires connected in the front to the amber lights. In the rear, there are three seperate lights. One is for the brakes, the amber and other lights come on with the headlights. I have the blinkers hooked up to the amber lights in the back. Each light contains one 168 bulb. Any ideas on what is going on? Here is the wiring diagram I used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ts%20wiring.JPG (30.8 KB, 13 views)
kewpie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No turn signal

Kewpie, if you jump +12v to either the left or right side of the switch do the bulbs light up?

In other words, put the switch in the center (off) position and temporarily connect 12 v to either side of the switch. They should illuminate.

Do they?

edit: Also, what size fuse, if any, are you using to the input of the flasher? Also, I'm confused because the diagram you show uses dual filament bulbs but the 168's are single filament.
Are you saying you have three seperate bulbs in the rear?

One more thing. What's the part number on the flasher. Conventional flashers need/require a minimum lamp load on them. Your 168's are only about 5 watts each and most flashers require around 20 watts of load. They may be too small for the flasher you have installed.
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
kewpie79
Getting Wild

I'm a novice at this so here goes, flip the switch to right or left, no lights, if I have the headlights on the lights light up.

"In other words, put the switch in the center (off) position and temporarily connect 12 v to either side of the switch. They should illuminate."
I'll try this when I get home

Fuse 20 amp

there are three seperate 168 bulbs in the rear. One for the brakes, the other two come on when the headlights are turned on

The flasher is a 550 or 552, I'm not at home right now to be sure.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie79 View Post
I'm a novice at this so here goes, flip the switch to right or left, no lights, if I have the headlights on the lights light up.

"In other words, put the switch in the center (off) position and temporarily connect 12 v to either side of the switch. They should illuminate."
I'll try this when I get home

Fuse 20 amp

there are three seperate 168 bulbs in the rear. One for the brakes, the other two come on when the headlights are turned on

The flasher is a 550 or 552, I'm not at home right now to be sure.
Firstly, the 550 is a thermal flasher. You probably don't know what that means but it's a bi-metal flasher that requires a minimum lamp load to work. If it's not loaded properly the bi-metal heater element won't get hot enough to close the connection and it won't flash...It works on heat to close then cool to open the connection as long as it has the right load.

You need a flasher like this:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par..._&newYmme=true

Secondly, I hope you meant to say that the bulbs in the rear operate like this:
One for Brakes, One for Parking/Marker, and One for Turn.
You need one in the rear to be totally independent to be a turn signal lamp. It should NOT illuminate when the H/L switch is on but only when you use the Turn Signal lever.
Likewise for the fronts.....You either need a totally independent bulb for Turn Signal or a bulb that has two filaments, one for Marker/Parking lights and the other for Turn Signal.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
kewpie79
Getting Wild

Thanks for the help. If I were to disconnect the yellow lights in the front and back and just hook up the turn signals to those lights, would that work?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the help. If I were to disconnect the yellow lights in the front and back and just hook up the turn signals to those lights, would that work?
I assume you mean disconnect from the H/L circuit? If you use the right flasher it will.....
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
kewpie79
Getting Wild

the right flasher would be the EP35 you have a link to above?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
the right flasher would be the EP35 you have a link to above?
Yes, you need an electronic flasher that's independent of the load attached. There are others that are likely cheaper but that was just a search I did quickly.

You need one that's electronic. You can tell if it says it's LED compatible. Doesn't matter if your're using LED's or not it's load independent.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO