lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
raaaidvw
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cpp clutch tuning spring , hard engagement on one but not the other?

i installed a cpp clutch tuning spring in the primary (for engine idle reasons) and noticed that it engages harder and the cart is difficult to maneuver in the garage or tight quarters. ive read that this is normal because of the higher rpm engagement but my question is why it didn't do it to my mothers ezgo. i put the same spring in hers and i was driving it on the weekend and the clutch engaes smoothly and its more controlled. i lifted the seat while standing beside it and can watch the clutch ease onto the belt where i cant do that with mine. mine reaches a certain rpm and wham its on.i have a new belt on my cart aswell if it matters. just curious to know if theres any difference in primary clutches by chance(different weights?) mine is an 2005 and hers is a 1998. might try swapping springs out to see if theres any difference.
raaaidvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cpp clutch tuning spring , hard engagement on one but not the other?

How much did you index the spring? Also measure your belt, should be 1 3/16"
read this for reference:
http://krisdillon.com/buggy/

And this:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...en-clutch.html
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
raaaidvw
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cpp clutch tuning spring , hard engagement on one but not the other?

its the primary/drive clutch that engages hard. I think that's the secondary in that article.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I apologize bud, most guys are referring to the driven when talking about the spring upgrade. You may want to cross reference both carts and verify that the spring is compatible with hers. I think there were some drive clutches in the later years that ezgo had some trouble with. Not sure if her cart is one of those. Give cpp a call and run it by them, since the spring came from them
Old 10-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

yours not hers, worked night shift and was tired. Now the new belt could have everything to do with it... swap belts with hers and see if the problem transfers to her cart. When I last put a new belt on mine it was super grabby until it got broke in good.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
raaaidvw
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok ill try the belt first . makes sense that it could be real sticky right now.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #7
rwarren66
Not Yet Wild

Did you resolve your clutch issues? I have replaced primary clutch spring and belt, grabs hard and is too snappy.

Thanks RAW
rwarren66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #8
CPS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bringing up an old thread! But, did anyone figure this issue out.
I currently have a brand new 28 degree DRIVEN clutch and severe duty stock length belt. I bought and have CPP DRIVE clutch tuning spring and want to install it.
-Is this a good idea with my current set up?
-what would be my gain or lose by installing this DRIVE clutch tuning spring?
Thanks,
CPS
CPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO