lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83 Marathoner View Post
Thanks Everyone so much for the help, I figured it was something really simple, but just couldn't make heads or tails of it. I got them wired in and they work great. I would take a guess this is how that the stereo systems are wired in as well?

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Any 12 volt accessory.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
Aquaman
Not Yet Wild

keep blowing fuse, i have 1 battery as it is a gas cart. brought ground back to neg side of battery..... do you think need higher gauge wire? and funny thing its not blowing the lights fuse its blowing fuse on cart.... no lights on, no blown fuses, lights on cart fuse blows after couple minutes
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
keep blowing fuse, i have 1 battery as it is a gas cart. brought ground back to neg side of battery..... do you think need higher gauge wire? and funny thing its not blowing the lights fuse its blowing fuse on cart.... no lights on, no blown fuses, lights on cart fuse blows after couple minutes
It sounds like you are picking up the 12v positive on the load side of the cart fuse instead of the supply side. This would add the light load to the circuit and blow the cart fuse. Make sure your lighting circuit starts at the positive battery terminal and ends at the negative battery terminal and it should be fine.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:22 AM   #14
GolfDRx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

First time posting. Enjoyed reading all the ideas. However, I have an 86 Electric Marathon that I transitioned from 6x6v batteries to 3x12v batteries.

Question: With the setup that I have would I still attach the positive coming from the switch to first(12v) battery and then the negative to the second(12v) battery?
I got an inverter, but not sure if I need to use it.

Thank you
GolfDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:59 PM   #15
AimlessRolling
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfDRx View Post
First time posting. Enjoyed reading all the ideas. However, I have an 86 Electric Marathon that I transitioned from 6x6v batteries to 3x12v batteries.

Question: With the setup that I have would I still attach the positive coming from the switch to first(12v) battery and then the negative to the second(12v) battery?
I got an inverter, but not sure if I need to use it.

Thank you

As long as you are across ONE battery, it can be from the POSITIVE on the first battery to the POSITIVE on the second battery, but much easier to understand if you ONLY go across ONE battery, ie., across POSITIVE to NEGATIVE on the SAME battery for 12V DC.
AimlessRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #16
GolfDRx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like I can just use one battery.
I plan to add brake lights so would that be the same concept where I just need to make sure to attach to a single battery (maybe battery two) since battery one will be used for fog lights?
GolfDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO