lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #1
Greenes422
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 rxv locked down

We were driving the rxv down the road and it locked up all of the sudden. We flipped switch to tow mode, flipped the run/tow panel over and switched the connectors which disengaged the motor brake so we could roll it off the road. It’s back in the garage now, wires are switched back, switched to Run, fully charged and still not going. When I turn the key to the “F” “N” or “R” position I hear the solenoid click, I hit the gas pedal and nothing happens..motor brake is still engaged. Any advice on first steps to troubleshoot would be great or some advice to narrow down what the issue may be. Thanks in advance!!
Greenes422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 rxv locked down

Check all connections to make sure there good and tight. Here is a troubleshooting guide hope that can help you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Curtis Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (3.16 MB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:01 PM   #3
Greenes422
Not Yet Wild

Perfect! Thanks for the trouble-shooting guide. I’ll check connections and start digging in!
Old 06-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's finding some sort of a problem in the start-up self check. Really good time to have a hand held available. There's a sonic weld below the 1,2,3,4, brake bypass plugs which is a common problem, but not in this case. The yellow from there sends power to the Key switch. From the key switch, the red wire takes power to another sonic weld which is buried in a bundle bottom front of the batteries. The red from the switch feeds that sonic weld and connects with 5 reds out of that connection. One of that 5 is pin one that powers the controller. All that seems to be happening. Two of those 5 feed the pedal switch and the brake switch. A faulty connection in that joint and loss of power to either one of those will cause a no go . With the hand held diagnostics those will show up as a problem. Without it you've got some probing to do with a VOM.
sthreatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenes422 View Post
We were driving the rxv down the road and it locked up all of the sudden. We flipped switch to tow mode, flipped the run/tow panel over and switched the connectors which disengaged the motor brake so we could roll it off the road. It’s back in the garage now, wires are switched back, switched to Run, fully charged and still not going. When I turn the key to the “F” “N” or “R” position I hear the solenoid click, I hit the gas pedal and nothing happens..motor brake is still engaged. Any advice on first steps to troubleshoot would be great or some advice to narrow down what the issue may be. Thanks in advance!!
My experience has been a bad solenoid for that very failure. Turn KS on and check voltage from pack negative to battery side of solenoid, then check to controller side of solenoid. If voltage is different by even a few volts, bad solenoid. Check solenoid label to make sure the 2018 is a 48V solenoid. EZGO changed to 48v in 2018 or 19. Early RXV were all 36V.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
trevorg7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
My experience has been a bad solenoid for that very failure. Turn KS on and check voltage from pack negative to battery side of solenoid, then check to controller side of solenoid. If voltage is different by even a few volts, bad solenoid. Check solenoid label to make sure the 2018 is a 48V solenoid. EZGO changed to 48v in 2018 or 19. Early RXV were all 36V.
Agreed. A good place to start, I had a very similar experience. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ht=motor+break

Trevor
trevorg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #7
Greenes422
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick help! I heard the solenoid click when I turned the key so I figured it was good...I'll check the voltages there first and if that checks out good I'll try finding my way to the accelerator and brake switches. The brake and accelerator switches look a little harder to access than the solenoid so I'm hoping its just that. Thanks y'all!
Old 06-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #8
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenes422 View Post
Thanks for the quick help! I heard the solenoid click when I turned the key so I figured it was good...I'll check the voltages there first and if that checks out good I'll try finding my way to the accelerator and brake switches. The brake and accelerator switches look a little harder to access than the solenoid so I'm hoping its just that. Thanks y'all!
Check the solenoid good first. I have seen them go bad to where they would click, but immediately drop back out. Sort of a double click if you listen close. You'll have to lift the floor mat and an access panel to get to the brake and throttle switches. You're looking for a red wire at each. Should have pack voltage on both with cart switched on. There's also a variable potentiometer on brake and throttle which will have an orange wire each. Don't get the orange confused with the reds. They're low voltage from the controller, 5 volts I think.
sthreatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO