lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default ausco disc brake/hub review

I didn't see a review directly related to the ausco disc brake conversion install offered by cartsunlimited.net for an EZGO so here it goes. Just a side note, I installed new pads and springs maybe 5 months ago.
the kit was well packaged and seems to be good quality. the instructions were straight forward and the install took me about an hour and twenty minutes. if you are thinking of doing this install and have basic mechanical skills, you should be able to do this yourself. it helps to have a knowledge of the stock braking system, but this is not a very difficult install. this is a bolt on kit and required no specialty tools. the tools I used were a floor jack, impact wrench, torque wrench, large flat head crew driver, hammer, sockets, needle nose pliers, and allen/hex head driver. it also never hurts to have some never seize to put on the hub lugs.
after the install was complete, I cautiously took the cart for a spin. WOW, what a difference. the cart actually stops like you would expect one to the first time you drove it. it is much more responsive and has a natural pedal feel. the pedal is soft upon initial braking but then builds resistance with more pressure. the spongy stock feel is gone. braking distance is reduced greatly. I need to make some final adjustments this eve. I can feel drivers side has more pressure than the passenger side and the parking brake is not yet functional.
So for I am very pleased with this conversion. I will add that it hangs a little low. this may be an issue for some owners depending on what the use of their cart is.
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
wildbil645
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ausco disc brake/hub review

Thanks for the review I was wondering how they worked
wildbil645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Great job on the review - all the important questions are answered.
We are cartsunlimited.net so if somebody could change that - that would be great. Thank you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

changed, opps!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
Drrhein
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I would like to add that my Ausco mod has been on for over two years now. (Got them from Scotty) Aside from initial squeaking which was cured by dry lube on the slider pins, the brakes have performed flawlessly in daily use on some fairly extreme terrain. One set of hills we go down is really hard on brakes and we experience regular brake failures on standard brakes.

I've worn out my first set of pads and I'll be ordering those from Scotty today.

The cart is a performance Ezgo with lift and 23 inch tires, PQ motor and 400A controller, HD F/R and solenoid 4 AWG wires, 48 Volt conversion using eight 6 volt batteries.. (Under these conditions eight 6 Volt batteries hold up better than six 8 volt batteries, don't ask me why) .. If I get around to it I'll take a video of the brakes in action on this terrain.

Dennis
Drrhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Installed pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (130.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

One from the back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (211.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Can't say enough good things about the Ausco product. Great performance upgrade!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBONVI View Post
One from the back
Hey BIGBONVI!.....how close are your wheels/tires to those brakes?
By the pics, it almost looks like they're touching???
What size rims are those?
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have them on multiple carts and they work well. Did have one fail though. Pad separated from the steel. Not sure if they are riveted or glued but still had pad left.. That cart does get the wheels submerged quite a bit putting boats in and out so I dunno. Ordered a new set of pads and she is going again..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO