lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2024, 04:53 PM   #1
Chugapug
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 TXT or Yamaha G29

Good evening. I am new to the golf cart world. I am posting this here and in the EZGO section as I believe some may be biased in each thread. We are looking for something to use around the neighborhood and when we camp. I am looking at 2 carts both 48v a 2007 TXT with an Alltrax controller and new motor (waiting to here which she did not know right off hand) she says it has a lot of torque compared to her old 6 seater. The other is a G29 with a Navitas and a D&D 13.5 motor. Both are very clean but I am looking for honest opinions on the 2. Both are non-lifted and 4 passenger. Price wise the G29 is around $700 more but both are willing to discuss price. I have an EZGO TXT/PDS i got from a neighbor that is shot (hunting buggy) motor died and is rusting from previous owner hauling and leaving fertilizer on it.
Chugapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2024, 05:22 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT or Yamaha G29

Both are a good choice because parts and service are readily available. I like EZGO and that’s a biased opinion because that’s what I own . It’s been completely rebuilt and modified and I didn’t have any trouble finding parts.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

They both sound equally good (once the failed motor is replaced).

With everything equal, I would pick the one with the newest batteries. If the batteries are more than 5 years old, they probably need to be replaced. Also should mention, proper golf cart batteries. Not some cheap Walmart ones. Should be something like Trojan or US Battery.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Drive them both and get the one you like better. I’ve owned EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha golf carts. My brother bought a 2014 EZGO TXT and it’s nice but after driving it, I bought my 2016 G29 because I like the ride and feel better.

So again, drive them both and get the one you like. Both are good carts…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:54 AM   #5
travis_24018
Not Yet Wild

Might be worth making sure you have a yamaha dealer near you that will work on it. They stopped working on yamaha's around here and the values seemed to have really dropped.
travis_24018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:30 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Out of warranty so dealer is an option but not 100% needed. That is why we are here
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:11 PM   #7
Chugapug
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone. I believe it will be the EZGO (unless sale falls through) as I do actually have 2 shops near by and EZGO and CC are what they offer and have the most on shelf parts for. I am an Industrial Maintenance Tech by trade so I can do all work myself and before that and on the side do metal fab work so dealer support should only be needed for parts that are needed quickly. On a side note if anyone says "Hey I have a Hunting Buggy cheap" just walk away nothing but worn out rusty parts from riding in mud and the woods.
Chugapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:38 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well Yamaha has a plant in Newnan GA so just down the road.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO