lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Voltage regulator

Has anyone tried to substitute a solid state regulator for the Bosch and Hitachi on the HD cart. It should work well. But who is using one and Which one? The Bosch and Hitachi are probably interchangeable but they do wear out. A solid state may be better.... or not?
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
smitty1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage regulator

In my post about a charging issue Chaz says that either regulator will work with either starter. If the Bosch is cheaper than the Hitachi I'll go that route. What I would like to find out is how do you tell if the regulator is actually bad? Is it just a matter of eliminating all other possibilities? The solid state regulators I assume have no points?
smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Voltage regulator

Try this site for testing the Bosch regulator used on the HD cycle which is the same one used on the cart.

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/boschmechreg.htm
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson