lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default engine compartment insulation

The foam insulation in the engine compartment of my cart is oil soaked, dirty, & just nasty. I'm sure it needs to be there for noise & heat reduction. What could this be replaced with? I'm thinking something like carpet padding. What do you think? Put your heads together & get back with me. Thanks guys.
cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: engine compartment insulation

Go to a junkyard and get some padding from the hoods of cars.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've been considering swapping mine out for that same reason (nasty, dusty, etc) - If and when I finally DO it (prob this winter) I was planning on using what they call "deadening" sheets (they use them in car panels, trunks, floor pans, etc for SPL competition) ... They're rubberized so as not to soak up the water, can be easily cut, formed, etc and are lightweight enough to be installed with a good spray adhesive ...

I've also seen insulating material at farm supply stores like they use to insulate the engine compartments in larger equipment, cabs, etc but it seems awfully heavy and I'd rather not have to drill or rig mounts, etc (I don't think the spray adhesive would hold them)

I'd be interested to hear if you come up with anything else!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
shaggy
Getting Wild

i used dynamat on my cart, works great, real quiet, and looks good with the silver backing hi-liting the engine compartment, yes its pricy, but you get what you pay for...IMO...shag..
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO