lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
tbscott54
Not Yet Wild

Default rear end clatters when I let up on the accelerator

I have a 2004 Elec EZGO with a 8hp motor and a 700 amp controller with 4 gauge wiring harness all installed in 2009. The rear end clatters when coasting or just letting up on the accelerator. what is wrong and how do I fix it? I travel on a paved road around 4 miles to get and from the golf course.
tbscott54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: rear end clatters when I let up on the accelerator

On a Club Car, that is a sign the armature is off center in the motor, and some motors have a guide ring that can be replaced while others require a centering kit. Not too sure on an EZGO however, but that's one possibility.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

This MIGHT be because of a armature to input shaft interface problem (i have solved many noises by greasing the splines, and making sure the "rubber bushing" is good, many carts were not equipped with one and it may not even be possible to buy a correct one for "10 spline" axles). Most 19 spline axles had a blob of silicone in the end of the motor as a "bushing". A rubber replacement is available (it often has to be trimmed to be the correct length). BUT, also keep in mind that all the gears in the axle have NO shims or adjustments to "take up the slack" in between each gear like a car axle does. Some gear noise will always exist. You have little choice to change the variations from one axle housing to the next. High speed gear sets seem to be the loudest. Clubcar axles are the loudest in my experience (high speed gears or not). I might get grilled for saying this about Clubcar axles, but i am speaking from my experience. The interface (splines) from the motor to the axle is supposed to be serviced every 4 years, or more often. Some of the noises are also attributable to bad input shaft bearings. This topic has more to it than meets the eye at first glance.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
Jonlorio
Not Yet Wild

I had the same issue... Replaced the rubber bushing inside of the motor splines, and the problem was solved
Jonlorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #5
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am having the same problem on 2003 ezgo pds, so I remove motor to find rubber splines?
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO