lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #31
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV brake activity w/ 350 controller

Your 350 Amp controller already comes configured to work with the stock RXV platform. If you are having difficulties, it is not likely from controller settings. There are parameters that even OEMs and dealers cannot access. Did you read my prior post about the motor brake issue? A failing (too low impedance) motor brake can cause exactly what is happening with your cart. Using your handheld, select Monitor, then go into Fault Counters. Look for EM Brake entries, such as EM Brake OC (OverCurrent), EM Brake Driver On, or EM Brake Driver Off faults. These will usually leave a record in your fault counters. There are deeper logs but you will not be able to access them with an OEM or below programmer. These sort of faults are typically indicative of an issue with the motor brake. If all else fails, and you feel that you controller settings may have been corrupted, I may be able to send you a file that you can use in your handset to clone your controller back to factory specs. Can you verify the OS version and the last 4 digits of the controller model number? For example, 1206AC-5350 is the new 2016 variant.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #32
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Your 350 Amp controller already comes configured to work with the stock RXV platform. If you are having difficulties, it is not likely from controller settings. There are parameters that even OEMs and dealers cannot access. Did you read my prior post about the motor brake issue? A failing (too low impedance) motor brake can cause exactly what is happening with your cart. Using your handheld, select Monitor, then go into Fault Counters. Look for EM Brake entries, such as EM Brake OC (OverCurrent), EM Brake Driver On, or EM Brake Driver Off faults. These will usually leave a record in your fault counters. There are deeper logs but you will not be able to access them with an OEM or below programmer. These sort of faults are typically indicative of an issue with the motor brake. If all else fails, and you feel that you controller settings may have been corrupted, I may be able to send you a file that you can use in your handset to clone your controller back to factory specs. Can you verify the OS version and the last 4 digits of the controller model number? For example, 1206AC-5350 is the new 2016 variant.

Bob
Thank you Bob.
So my fault counters: with all not mentioned as 0
HPD/sequencing fault - 28
Encoder supervision - 1
Supervisor comms - 1
Think I'll take you up on the file to reset the controller as well. I'll pm you my email.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:02 AM   #33
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Yea, I'm not seeing any motor brake related errors there. It does sound like the settings may have been corrupted.

The picture that you sent me confirms that the hardware and operating system in your 2015 1206AC-5350 controller are identical to the 2016 1206AC-5350 controller that I have here. I emailed you the file and instructions as to how to apply it with your programmer. That will take it back to factory stock, just like FSIP would do if you sent it to them. Your date code and serial number will not be changed by this, it's already been applied to the file I sent. I hope it helps. If it does not, then there is either an issue with the peripheral hardware or logic within the controller, or the issue is with something on the cart platform that is affecting controller operation.

Please do not send that file to anyone, or apply it to any other controller, as it would corrupt anything other than the exact model number controller that it is intended for.

Bob
Old 09-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #34
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob,
Thank you very much for the file.
I migrated the file to the controller. Whatever setting were corrupted were addressed.
I still have the HPD sequencing error issue that I need to resolve. I had previously replaced the sensors...so I guess I'll take out the probe and check out operation, again.

Not sure if the HPD error is causing the cart to operate as it does but I need to address this first.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #35
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Good to hear. HPD is from either throttle or brake pedal not fully up during key turn on. It could be as simple as your foot hitting a pedal at the time you turn your key on. Or it could be a misadjusted pedal position (return spring not adjusted tight enough), defective encoder, ect. It's not a serious error though, when the pedal hits correct position, the error clears. It stays in the logs though.

Bob
Old 06-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #36
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
Guys. The stopping issue that I am having with my cart continues. Seeking your assistance. Please see this video. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7yRKJa5_-Y

Basically that is a glide to a stop. My foot doesn't touch the brake and the cart abruptly stops. Not something that ever occurred with previous controller.
Following up with you guys regarding this issue I had with my cart. I FINALLY have resolution on this issue.

The history : I installed a 350amp controller to upgrade the performance of my RXV. Cart operated perfect prior to controller install, just wanted better performance for my usage when out in the woods.

Issue: see above and initial post

Resolution : Replaced the 2010 main harness wiring (basically all wiring to/from controller) with 2012 main harness wiring. This task removed the previous wires from the Danaher stock harness, all "upgrade" connections/harness adapters and replaced with Curtis controller compatible wiring of 2012/ newer RXV's.

The cart operation is normal. I've driven it 20+ miles in the past 2 days and not so much as a hint of a previous issue! No more motor stalling, erratic braking, odd shutdowns. Basically, I FINALLY have my cart back!

Special thanks to Bob Boyce.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #37
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
Following up with you guys regarding this issue I had with my cart. I FINALLY have resolution on this issue.

The history : I installed a 350amp controller to upgrade the performance of my RXV. Cart operated perfect prior to controller install, just wanted better performance for my usage when out in the woods.

Issue: see above and initial post

Resolution : Replaced the 2010 main harness wiring (basically all wiring to/from controller) with 2012 main harness wiring. This task removed the previous wires from the Danaher stock harness, all "upgrade" connections/harness adapters and replaced with Curtis controller compatible wiring of 2012/ newer RXV's.

The cart operation is normal. I've driven it 20+ miles in the past 2 days and not so much as a hint of a previous issue! No more motor stalling, erratic braking, odd shutdowns. Basically, I FINALLY have my cart back!

Special thanks to Bob Boyce.
I'm glad you have it working properly. Well done!
When you're ready to take it drag racing, let me know...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO