lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Default Extended top for RXV

I am looking for an extended top for my RXV. Whats the best place to buy one? I see prices are all over the place.
av8erdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Extended top for RXV

Anyone have a recommendation on what roof to get that looks good but will not break the bank like ezgo's $600 roof.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like the one made by Madjax personally.

http://www.mymadjax.com/Shop-by-Category/Extended-Tops/
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

I like that one but they are all out of stock. Has anyone noticed the black being hotter than the white while cruising the neighborhood?
Old 08-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://customgolfcarsupply.squarespa...ng-track-tops/

I used these tops for many years before MadJax came out with theirs. I still like these for carts that are getting Sunbrella curtains installed. The benefit with these is that you can colormatch to a wide variety of body colors.

As for Black being hotter, I personally have never noticed it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
av8erdunn
Not Yet Wild

I will probably try to hold off until madjax gets there's back in stock. The price is right and I don't think the blue one would match my blue cart and wheels. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Extended top for RXV

In terms of which struts to get - how do people know? I have a 2010 RXV with generic back seat (not sure of the brand) but the back seat requires the struts to be mounted in the stock location (due to the width of the back seat mount points). I am currently using the stock struts which flare out a bit.

I am not sure which strut mounting kit to get with the Madjax top. If the candy cane struts that come with it are straight up and down - they are going to be way to close to the center of the cart top and wont be able to mount to the roof brackets.

Is it possible to use the stock struts and just turn them around backwards? If not - which strut kit do you recommend?

See attached pictures:

dhartung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

I guess not many people have extended tops around here :/
Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartung02 View Post
In terms of which struts to get - how do people know? I have a 2010 RXV with generic back seat (not sure of the brand) but the back seat requires the struts to be mounted in the stock location (due to the width of the back seat mount points). I am currently using the stock struts which flare out a bit.

I am not sure which strut mounting kit to get with the Madjax top. If the candy cane struts that come with it are straight up and down - they are going to be way to close to the center of the cart top and wont be able to mount to the roof brackets.

Is it possible to use the stock struts and just turn them around backwards? If not - which strut kit do you recommend?

See attached pictures:

My RXV shuttle 2+2 uses the stock struts, not just turned around, but swapped sides to turn them around while still bending outwards. Unbolt the struts from the strut mounts below the rear body top. Those black plastic covers can be popped out of their holes so you can see the bolts.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #10
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Bob.

Unfortunately, i cant mount the struts on the outside of the cart brackets because my backseat mounting bracket width assumes that they will be mounted on the inside.

That would probably work but would require me to come up with a solution for the backseat - widening the bracket.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO