lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #71
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I may have assumed too much and answered as if he would want to increase voltage and range. If separate 7 cell pack was added in parallel for more range, it should already come balanced from HAC.
I would want to connect them in parallel, not wanting to add more voltage, just more run time. How long after the first pack is bought and ran can this be added? couple months? year? anytime? Just trying to figure out if I can start out with the 7 cell 60ah set which should get me about the same run time as I am getting right now and then add another 7 cell set in parallel later if I find that more runtime is needed/wanted.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #72
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I may have assumed too much and answered as if he would want to increase voltage and range. If separate 7 cell pack was added in parallel for more range, it should already come balanced from HAC.
Since the BMS balances cells, You should not parallel 2 string of batteries together as each series would likely have a different final voltage.

You would need to get copper straps that span 4 lugs and create a 7S2P, that would simplify the BMS wiring.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #73
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Thank you for the info. Another quick question. If I want to go with a 60ah pack am I able to start with that and if extra run time is needed can I add another 60ah (7 cell) pack if it is within a couple months?
Whats the farthest you need to drive, what are your driving conditions, tire size, etc? You may be just fine with the 7 module setup.
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #74
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
Whats the farthest you need to drive, what are your driving conditions, tire size, etc? You may be just fine with the 7 module setup.
I use my cart mainly for (don't hate me for this ) golf...Its about a mile and a half to the course, so 3 round trip and another 4 if I figure in 18 holes so we are up to 7...so I would like to see 10-20 miles out of a charge I guess...do you think a 60ah set would do that? I also use it to golf at the lake and then like to take it for a drive afterwards which is why I would like to see the 20 mile range if I could.

I have 12" tires, relatively flat ground (a few 10-20 foot hills, nothing major)
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #75
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I may have assumed too much and answered as if he would want to increase voltage and range.
I didn't read it that he wanted increase voltage, only range. I wonder if adding an additional pack in parallel with it's own BMI might cause some issues if the two packs charge on separate chargers to a different termination voltage? Maybe a question to ask Nick. I would think getting the larger pack from the start might be the best option in the long run if the OP thinks that there might be a chance of needing more run time.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #76
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I get about 15 miles from a 2100Wh 5 module (10 cell) pack, so I would think you would be able to go about 20-25 miles on a 7 module (14 cell) pack.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #77
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I use my cart mainly for (don't hate me for this ) golf...Its about a mile and a half to the course, so 3 round trip and another 4 if I figure in 18 holes so we are up to 7...so I would like to see 10-20 miles out of a charge I guess...do you think a 60ah set would do that? I also use it to golf at the lake and then like to take it for a drive afterwards which is why I would like to see the 20 mile range if I could.

I have 12" tires, relatively flat ground (a few 10-20 foot hills, nothing major)
The EVCenter site says test results for the 2100wh 5 cell pack like mine on an AC powered EZGO (RXV?) went 20 miles. I was told in other threads that I should expect about 15 on my PDS TXT. It would appear that the above posts from agpfl posts similar results.

I really like this pack. I use it for limited travel at a lake and I have only had to charge it once all summer and performance is so much better at the lighter weight. Something to consider is regarding charging voltages. I am not sure if I posted this earlier, but all of the chargers except one sold by EVCenter will not charge the pack if voltage goes below 35v. I think the 11a charger does not have this value. So, if you think you might get to that voltage threshold you might consider that charger or consider the larger pack.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #78
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Keep in mind that lithium do not have a memory so whenever you have some down time in between riding you can plug it in for a little while and put some go magic back in and you don't have to wait until it is fully charged to unplug. But, if you think you are going to be pushing that 20 mile mark often you may want to remove any doubt and go with the 14 modules now.
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #79
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just to ask, as when mu current 8 T-105 set up goes south in likely another 2 years, but what is the expected milage or run time when the temp's are in the 20's. Say it's 28 degrees outside and I'm running up and down some hills. And I do mean HILLS. Any guess's?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium, lithium batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO