lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #41
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Battery Pack

Sorry, I left out the detail that I bypassed the charge relay in the old charger so that it would charge when connected to the battery pack.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #42
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
Charger Question for PingEye3 and Rickochet and anyone else with lithium packs. I am building a custom pack, and I have all the charge profile info. Do you guys know if Nick will set a custom profile for charging, or do you have access to provide details on the profile programmed into your charger from EVBattery?

I contacted Delta-Q to inquire about their new ICL1200 Lithium specific charger, but they haven't called me back and seemed standoffish that I was not a manufacturer looking for a large batch to integrate into an OEM application. I told them we were doing a POC, but they seemed unimpressed.

I guess I could try to order the RC1200, does anyone have experience with that one? I need to get the charger ASAP, so I can get the cells fully charged and ready to integrate into a new configuration. The other issue I have is trying to find delta-q dealers! Anyone have links to sellers or pricing?
If you are going to have to purchase a charger for your pack, why not from Nick at the EV battery center. I have installed 8 packs from him and have had not issues.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #43
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will Nick program it to my parameters? My max cell voltages are slightly lower than the Leaf cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #44
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Will Nick program it to my parameters? My max cell voltages are slightly lower than the Leaf cells.
Maybe call Nick or email him. I don't know a thing about chargers and that is why I ordered the charger Nick sells set for my pack I got from him. I think his chargers are available mainly to support the packs he builds. I doubt that he is in the biz to make money on chargers. If I was him I would have some liability concerns selling a charger to someone building their own pack particularly with parts not purchased from him. But, as I said I don't know squat about chargers.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #45
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Fullriver battery in California is a Delta q dealer, and got me a Delta q lithium charger custom setup..
CG, which model charger, and how did you specify the profile/setup?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #46
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I know Nick can program the charger you pick to your desired voltage within .1 or .2 volts. Not sure what other specs you are looking for as far as a charging profile. Some of these chargers can be programmed for use with LiFePo4 or Li-Ion/Lipo or Lead Acid.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #47
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of pack are you putting together? I am not sure you mentioned that earlier. I know Nick pretty well and he is hard to talk to on the phone with heavy accent. Maybe I can get you some info. Either way, you should contact him at
http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...red&Itemid=101
Old 06-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #48
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
What type of pack are you putting together?
I am assembling a 42 cell (40AH each), 120AH battery pack, in a 14S3P configuration, with an NCA chemistry. The cells have a minimum voltage of 2.7V, max of 4.0V. Recommended charge profile is CC/CV, with a constant current until the cell reaches a voltage of 4.0V, maintaining the cell to 4.0V by decreasing the current, and fully charged when the current reaches 1A.

Weight is 100 LBS, using cylindrical cells that are ~2.1" in diameter and ~8.8" tall.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #49
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
CG, which model charger, and how did you specify the profile/setup?
Delta-q QuiQ. When you call them, they send you a form to fill out (all the details about the cells & how many). You send them back, a engineer signs on the dotted line, they send you their plan for you to approve.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO