lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Paul's 98 TXT 36v DCS to 48V PDS conversion

Finally got my own cart. 1998 TXT 36v DCS. Drove it into the garage and started taking it apart.
This will be a pavement queen in a hilly community. The Plan is to convert to 48v PDS and make it look nice.

Progress to date: First off thank You Scotty for answering all my emails and helping me along. And thank You all who contribute so much information on this forum Stripped down to the frame cleaned it up and some paint. Replaced input shaft bearings and O-ring, replace differential axle bearings and seals and added a vent to the axle tube. The motor had a bad connection at A1, stud was discolored and slightly loose so got a new motor from Scotty, went with the B2 and the Alltrax XCT48500 with FNKS. Found one broken spring so replaced them all front and back and new shocks. All new wiring harness from EZGO but the harness did not have the connections for throttle or speed sensor so made them myself, added the throttle wires into the EZGO harness and made a separate one for speed sensor. New batteries, hooked everything up and motor turns forward and reverse. Can't drive it yet Ausco disc brakes should arrive within a week and wheels and tires in two weeks. So now starting to work on the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (367.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart2.jpg (241.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart3.jpg (158.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart4.jpg (190.2 KB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Paul's 98 TXT 36v DCS to 48V PDS conversion

A couple more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart5.jpg (190.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart6.jpg (179.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart7.jpg (224.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
Finally got my own cart. 1998 TXT 36v DCS. Drove it into the garage and started taking it apart.
This will be a pavement queen in a hilly community. The Plan is to convert to 48v PDS and make it look nice.

Progress to date: First off thank You Scotty for answering all my emails and helping me along. And thank You all who contribute so much information on this forum Stripped down to the frame cleaned it up and some paint. Replaced input shaft bearings and O-ring, replace differential axle bearings and seals and added a vent to the axle tube. The motor had a bad connection at A1, stud was discolored and slightly loose so got a new motor from Scotty, went with the B2 and the Alltrax XCT48500 with FNKS. Found one broken spring so replaced them all front and back and new shocks. All new wiring harness from EZGO but the harness did not have the connections for throttle or speed sensor so made them myself, added the throttle wires into the EZGO harness and made a separate one for speed sensor. New batteries, hooked everything up and motor turns forward and reverse. Can't drive it yet Ausco disc brakes should arrive within a week and wheels and tires in two weeks. So now starting to work on the body.
Last pic, your motor looks like it's puking.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
A couple more pics.
WOW! What a difference.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Looking good so far. Keep the updates coming.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #6
ubjl02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What are the benefits of going from DCS to PDS?
ubjl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cart looks great
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubjl02 View Post
What are the benefits of going from DCS to PDS?
Paul lives in a hilly community. My concern was that the DCS drive system does not read or regulate motor rpm and it would be easy for him to exceed the motor manufacture's maximum safe rpm and either shorten the motor's useful life or worse, explode the motor running wild downhill.
Once PDS was discussed Paul took the ball and ran with it... ordering all the wire harnesses from Ezgo
If you guys have any questions about this conversion hit him up - he has a very good grasp on the project and it's looking good.

PS Paul, I stuffed this motor in my 48v PDS and it accelerates with authority and flies
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #9
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Paul lives in a hilly community. My concern was that the DCS drive system does not read or regulate motor rpm and it would be easy for him to exceed the motor manufacture's maximum safe rpm and either shorten the motor's useful life or worse, explode the motor running wild downhill.
Once PDS was discussed Paul took the ball and ran with it... ordering all the wire harnesses from Ezgo
If you guys have any questions about this conversion hit him up - he has a very good grasp on the project and it's looking good.

PS Paul, I stuffed this motor in my 48v PDS and it accelerates with authority and flies
Thanks Scotty, should have mine on the road in two or three weeks....maybe a little longer it's a little hot in the garage this week. Wheels tires brakes should be here soon.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #10
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally went out for a test drive. All is well drives great! Stops right now with the Ausco disc brakes and Regen Braking. The package Scotty put together completely meets my expectations. Thanks Scotty.
Just need a few more plastic pieces and a windshield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1082.jpg (281.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO