lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Larrythib
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO ran on its own

I have a 2005 EZGO TXT. We used it all weekend while camping with no issues. 2 Nights days ago it wouldn't move. It would just kinda jump like it wanted to move but didn't. I let it sit overnight and the next morning I moved it back and forth with no issues. After 10 minutes of sitting it wouldn't move again. I let it sit a little longer and decided to just put it in reverse and see if it would move. While not sitting on the cart I leaned in and touched the accelerator just slightly. It went full power to the back wheels in reverse. Did a burnout and proceeded down the road a full speed with no one on it until it went into a ditch and slowed down enough for someone to jump on and turn the key off. Now it won't move at all. I have no idea where to start looking for the problem. Or what caused it. The road conditions were wet this weekend so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. Can anyone help with ideas??
And trust me when I say a big lesson was learned also so don't beat me up too bad.
Larrythib is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO ran on its own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrythib View Post
I have a 2005 EZGO TXT. We used it all weekend while camping with no issues. 2 Nights days ago it wouldn't move. It would just kinda jump like it wanted to move but didn't. I let it sit overnight and the next morning I moved it back and forth with no issues. After 10 minutes of sitting it wouldn't move again. I let it sit a little longer and decided to just put it in reverse and see if it would move. While not sitting on the cart I leaned in and touched the accelerator just slightly. It went full power to the back wheels in reverse. Did a burnout and proceeded down the road a full speed with no one on it until it went into a ditch and slowed down enough for someone to jump on and turn the key off. Now it won't move at all. I have no idea where to start looking for the problem. Or what caused it. The road conditions were wet this weekend so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. Can anyone help with ideas??
And trust me when I say a big lesson was learned also so don't beat me up too bad.
I'm sure someone with much more experience will answer soon. I just wondered if two wires had insulation rubbed off of them and they touched and sent full power to the motor. That or if the solenoid was locked up and sent full power to the motor.

The first thing though that you will need to find out is whether or not you have a Series or a Sepex cart. Go here and then report back which type you have: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
Larrythib
Not Yet Wild

Looks like I have a Sepex PDS version
Old 06-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you get a pic of the ghost driving it?
perkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Might have gotten water into the foot pedal box. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrythib View Post
I have no idea where to start looking for the problem. Or what caused it. The road conditions were wet this weekend so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. Can anyone help with ideas??
I had a similar problem with my 1998 Cushman with Wide Open Throttle. See my recent post at: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-throttle.html. It may give you some some trouble shooting ideas for your cart.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
Larrythib
Not Yet Wild

Immediately after my WOT event, I removed the cover from the foot pedal box under the floor mat. It is clean and dry. Seems to be no issues there. Everything around the controller was dry except for some mud after going through the ditch. I did jack the cart up last night and turn the key on, I am getting as code on the control box LED light of 1-3 which according to the manual is: M-, Current sensor, or motor fault.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

stuck solenoid only wont cause WOT.

If it was full throttle, the controller had to see full power. Water in the box was a possibility, but you checked that.

Are you sure the pedal just did not get stuck? or something fell on it? That's the most common on issues like this.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #9
Larrythib
Not Yet Wild

The only thing fell on throttle was my hand very lightly. I barely touched it. And when I say full throttle I mean it did a burn out on the concrete and was gone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO