lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: New Member/Owner - 2015 EZGO RXV

I don't think the seller did anything to deceive you. You got what you paid for at a reasonable price. A refurbished 2011 cart, done in 2015.

If you were so concerned of year etc. you should have done your homework before purchasing. I don't think it is right to hold the bill of sale as some sort of "insurance policy" for your future problems, it has wheels and a motor and I can assure you with 100% accuracy you will have problems

However, you did say only if something "major" in your opinion is wrong.

Good luck with your purchase.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
enki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I don't think the seller did anything to deceive you. You got what you paid for at a reasonable price. A refurbished 2011 cart, done in 2015.

If you were so concerned of year etc. you should have done your homework before purchasing. I don't think it is right to hold the bill of sale as some sort of "insurance policy" for your future problems, it has wheels and a motor and I can assure you with 100% accuracy you will have problems

However, you did say only if something "major" in your opinion is wrong.

Good luck with your purchase.
I think you misunderstood my earlier posts, so let me try to clarify to remove any ambiguity.

As I stated a couple times, the seller advertised it as a 2015 cart that they purchased as new, not refurbished. They did not indicate or imply anything other than a 2015 model year cart and said they were the first owners. Now again, I don't believe they purposely deceived me, as they were elderly and probably just confused about what they bought. If I thought that they did try to scam me, this would be a different discussion.

And yes, I certainly admit fault to the situation by not doing enough due diligence ahead of time. There was definitely some inconsistencies which is why I even posted my OP with the questions/concerns I had. So I have no problem accepting responsibility for not addressing these things ahead of time, but my knowledge of carts was very rudimentary at best and I've learned a lot since then. I also thought it looked and ran like a 2015 cart, so I guess I was willing to accept it on face value, with my assumption being that it was customized, not refurbished. I imagine the thrill of getting my first cart for a great price overwhelmed my common sense a bit.

Lastly, as I thought I was very clear about, my plan is not to "hold the bill of sale as an insurance policy" for some indefinite period of time. As I said a few posts ago, I plan on having the cart checked out right away and assuming there is no major/costly issues, will forget about the whole date issue. I at no point implied that I would use this for protection in the future. It's not like I'm going to go after them a year or two from now if the engine suddenly dies. I'm simply saying that IF something major is wrong right NOW, and IF the seller's who, purposely or not, sold something not as advertised, refuse to make things right, THEN the bill of sale provides me some level of protection. That's all I was saying.

Personally, I hope everything checks out fine and I can put this in the past and use it as a learning opportunity.
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #23
enki
Not Yet Wild

Just got the cart back from the service shop (fortunately there is a local EZGO dealer and custom shop only a few miles from the house). They did a full inspection and annual service on it. They said everything looks perfect and its in great condition. They also said that the refurbished job was done very well, and they replaced everything wear/tear wise that should have been. No issues or problems detected, so we're feeling much better now :D. Had them also replace the steering wheel with something nicer (the old one was kind of sticky) and put in a carbon fiber dash kit with locking glove boxes. Looks much nicer now. We also put together a list of upgrades we plan on doing soon -- rear seat, 12" tires, sound system, lighting, USB charger, etc.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by enki View Post
Just got the cart back from the service shop (fortunately there is a local EZGO dealer and custom shop only a few miles from the house). They did a full inspection and annual service on it. They said everything looks perfect and its in great condition. They also said that the refurbished job was done very well, and they replaced everything wear/tear wise that should have been. No issues or problems detected, so we're feeling much better now :D. Had them also replace the steering wheel with something nicer (the old one was kind of sticky) and put in a carbon fiber dash kit with locking glove boxes. Looks much nicer now. We also put together a list of upgrades we plan on doing soon -- rear seat, 12" tires, sound system, lighting, USB charger, etc.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO