lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-GO no longer provides technical support

I just called EZ-GO technical support (three times to be sure) and was informed by “Katy” that EZ-GO no longer provides ANY technical support to individual customers. Only technical to dealers.

I was told even a simple technical questions (i.e tire pressures, torque values, etc) WILL NOT be answered.

Seems ridiculous and a great way to loose customers and reputation.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO no longer provides technical support

I wonder if its the same deal for non franchised independent dealers/shops.

In my case I'm close to an EZGO dealer but if I had to take it to him for service/repair I might as well sell it.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is an interesting stand to take being they sell parts to individuals. But I can imagine that cutting out the TS cleared some employees off the payroll and saves some bucks...... plus where else are you gonna go for OEM parts ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
crbinson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I just called EZ-GO technical support (three times to be sure) and was informed by “Katy” that EZ-GO no longer provides ANY technical support to individual customers. Only technical to dealers.

I was told even a simple technical questions (i.e tire pressures, torque values, etc) WILL NOT be answered.

Seems ridiculous and a great way to loose customers and reputation.
Seems the move would be consistent with any other automotive or powersports manufacturer. I suspect the consumer would have little chance of receiving technical support direct from these manufacturers. That is what they have dealerships and service centers for.
crbinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The solution is simple, and applies to anyone who thinks they're going to work on their own stuff. Buy A Real Factory service manual (or find one on the internet). I like the real book version over the PDF myself. I always do that before I need it on anything I buy used. I don't recall seeing anywhere "free tech support for life".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The solution is simple, and applies to anyone who thinks they're going to work on their own stuff. Buy A Real Factory service manual (or find one on the internet). I like the real book version over the PDF myself. I always do that before I need it on anything I buy used. I don't recall seeing anywhere "free tech support for life".

I completely agree and I have the Service Manual and Parts Manual. However, my technical question is not covered in either. Specifically, if I follow the Service Manual’s recommendation for Jack-stands (see diagram) my 2Five lifts its front wheels of the ground and teeters back on its rear wheels. I think this is happening because of the heavy backwards facing seat and 6 battery layout. I wonder if the recommended jack stand layout is intended for the 2-Passenger, 4 battery 2Five.

Since I will be crawling under the cart I would have liked a direct recommendation from E-Z-GO instead of a dealers recommendation.

On a happy note: A bit of silicone grease has silenced the squeaking front leaf springs bushings...for now.

IMG_0691.jpg
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Basic business. First cut staff and services of an "expendable branch" to increase profitability. Push servicing of brand to localities, thereby supporting local dealers and building of their business.. and your own bottom line. Their core is building carts for large clients not servicing for the individual.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I completely agree and I have the Service Manual and Parts Manual. However, my technical question is not covered in either. Specifically, if I follow the Service Manual’s recommendation for Jack-stands (see diagram) my 2Five lifts its front wheels of the ground and teeters back on its rear wheels. I think this is happening because of the heavy backwards facing seat and 6 battery layout. I wonder if the recommended jack stand layout is intended for the 2-Passenger, 4 battery 2Five.

Since I will be crawling under the cart I would have liked a direct recommendation from E-Z-GO instead of a dealers recommendation.

On a happy note: A bit of silicone grease has silenced the squeaking front leaf springs bushings...for now.

Attachment 155394
1. You have modified the cart in a way that changes the CG (center of gravity point)
2. Now without knowing the true CG you want the Manufacture to tell you where to jack the cart so it will be safe for you to crawl underneath and work on the cart.
Is that right? No wonder they hung up TGIF
Old 07-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad I have a Curtis handheld programmer to help me out.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Glad I have a Curtis handheld programmer to help me out.
Does that give CG too?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO