lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
hawmarine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 TXT won't go... Very FRUSTRATED!!!!

So after my fiasco with the batteries and the other solenoid smoking, I ordered a replacement, and installed it. I took the time to reroute wires and cable tie things off son there would be absolutely no chance of a short, or anything else bad happening. Everything has ran absolutely great until this afternoon. We drove all around off and on this weekend, around 10-12 miles total. This am we went to the pool about two miles away. We parked, went in and went swimming. We came out a hour later and loaded up on the cart. My son put it in reverse and hit the gas, the car started backwards and then kaput, lost power. I thought the Reed switch went bad. Nope it's fine. So I pulled out my electric cart tool bag (I put one together after the last incident where I was stuck with no tools). I started checking connections and ended up at the solenoid. Ran all the checks with the meter, cran OHM check across both terminals and it was fine. I have power to the small post positive side, and I have negative to the small post negative side. The solenoid clicks, but when I remove the 2ga cable from the controller side of the solenoid and do a volt check by touching the red lead to the large post controller contact, and the negative on #6 battery negative, I get 0v. It should be 36v based on what I was following for trouble shooting. It still clicks but now power on that side. I also checked the fuse and it's fine as well.

This solenoid is a 400amp 36/48v solenoid. It's about two weeks old. Has the proper resistor, and diode installed for the voltage used. There are no shorts and no loose wires and has no wires rubbed through anyware. What the hell is going on. I took responsibility for the first one but this one there is nothing that could have caused this that I can think of that was in my control. Anybody have any ideas?
hawmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
hawmarine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Solenoid Kaput after two weeks.

Ok so ScottyB sent me a message this am and told me to check that the float under the cap is moving up and down freely. He also suggested moving the (-) off J1 on the controller and hooking it to the battery pack (-). The float under the cap now engages and I have voltage is 36v on the big post the controller connects to. I'm sending emails to ScottyB while I'm at the campground, sweating my butt off in the back of the camper because that's where the cart is. I know ScottyB is busy and may be a while before he responds. Anyone else know what this means since I'm not getting the ground at J1 like it's supposed too? I'm getting a solid reg LED which means controller in programming mode? I'm so
Cornfused.

After more testing half the time the status indicator is Red the other half green. The fan on the controller will come on for a second and then Cut off. I'm starting to think the controller may be the issue and not the solenoid. Who the hell knows.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So it turns out this is yet another misleading thread title - solenoid not kaput after 2 weeks, huh? Contact Alltrax as suggested and keep us posted
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
hawmarine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
So it turns out this is yet another misleading thread title - solenoid not kaput after 2 weeks, huh? Contact Alltrax as suggested and keep us posted
Yeah your are right ScottyB, if I could change the thread title I would.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawmarine View Post
Yeah your are right ScottyB, if I could change the thread title I would.
No Worries
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO