lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-GO TXT power loss

I have a 2005 TXT 36v that I recently lifted. (It fell off the jack stands and landed on the rear axle during this process) I used it 3 times after the lift and it ran good with zero issues. The next time I went to use it, I got to the end of the street (200 yards) and lost all power. Couldn't even use the blinkers. Brought it home and hooked it up to the charger and i heard a click from the cart and not the charger. Then the charger wouldn't read any voltage either. I'm totally lost on where to start. Any help is appreciated.
Cliffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO TXT power loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy23 View Post
I have a 2005 TXT 36v that I recently lifted. (It fell off the jack stands and landed on the rear axle during this process) I used it 3 times after the lift and it ran good with zero issues. The next time I went to use it, I got to the end of the street (200 yards) and lost all power. Couldn't even use the blinkers. Brought it home and hooked it up to the charger and i heard a click from the cart and not the charger. Then the charger wouldn't read any voltage either. I'm totally lost on where to start. Any help is appreciated.
First place I would start is by taking a multimeter and testing each battery to see how much voltage each one has.

Post back here the voltages to the second digit after the decimal(example 6.37)

Also is your TXT a Series or PDS cart?
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #3
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that info. I'll have to get a multi meter. Any recommendations on which multi meter to get?

When I look up my serial number on the e-z-go site it says it's a TXT Standard. I'm guessing that means it's a series cart?
Old 08-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for that info. I'll have to get a multi meter. Any recommendations on which multi meter to get?

When I look up my serial number on the e-z-go site it says it's a TXT Standard. I'm guessing that means it's a series cart?
Cliffy,

If you don't already own one, you can pick one up at any auto parts store, or hardware store. If you have the funds, then I would always recommend the Fluke brand however, they are usually expensive: https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=multimeter

If funds are a little tight, then go get one from harbor freight for 50 cents. All you have to do is get one off of the shelf, use this coupon: http://www.hfqpdb.com/best_coupon/7+...TAL+MULTIMETER and purchase one of those utility blades they have at the register: https://www.harborfreight.com/color-...ife-60828.html

Also, here is the guide to tell what kind of cart you have:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Old 08-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #5
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Forward/Reverse by your legs - Series.
Forward/Reverse on the dash - PDS
Check the voltage at the end of the pack and at the charger plug in.
Look and see if you just blew an inline fuse link leading from the positive side of the pack.
Harbor Freight EL Cheapo Mutimeters are like $10.00-$30.00, you don't need any more than that.
New at trouble diagnosis myself so.....
SWFLrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLrunner View Post
Forward/Reverse by your legs - Series.
Forward/Reverse on the dash - PDS
Check the voltage at the end of the pack and at the charger plug in.
Look and see if you just blew an inline fuse link leading from the positive side of the pack.
Harbor Freight EL Cheapo Mutimeters are like $10.00-$30.00, you don't need any more than that.
New at trouble diagnosis myself so.....
SWFL,

You can have Foward/Reverse by your legs, and have a DCS cart as well (very similar to PDS.)

Never pay full price for a harbor freight multimeter, they give them away for 50 cents.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #7
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Pretty sure DCS was long gone by 2005.
SWFLrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Great info on determining if the cart is Series or Sepex. Mine is indeed a series cart. I also appreciate the info in the multi meter. I'll report back with some readings. Really appreciate the help.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #9
Cliffy23
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I picked up the cheap multimeter from HF and when I started to look at the batteries I didn't even need to take a reading... I found a hole burned in the top of one of the batteries around one of the terminal. It was the middle battery in the rear row. The only wire on that battery that was not strictly linked to another battery was a green wire. I'm not sure what that wire goes to and if that has something to do with this issue. The batteries are supposedly 2 years old and all appear to have appropriate water levels. Thoughts?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #10
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I picked up the cheap multimeter from HF and when I started to look at the batteries I didn't even need to take a reading... I found a hole burned in the top of one of the batteries around one of the terminal. It was the middle battery in the rear row. The only wire on that battery that was not strictly linked to another battery was a green wire. I'm not sure what that wire goes to and if that has something to do with this issue. The batteries are supposedly 2 years old and all appear to have appropriate water levels. Thoughts?
Have a headlight kit? Sounds like the wire for it.

Can you take some pictures and put them up on here?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO