lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Batteries are Good, But...

2004 ez-go txt with lights (PDS)

I measured my batteries today and I think they all checked out. Each battery was 6.38-6.40 with one a bit lower at 6.35. The pack voltage is 38.3. Which should be at 38.22, right?

So my question is why does my cart slow down so much going uphill? I believe there is a freedom chip installed because I can hit 18 mph on flat ground. Going down hill I hit a regulator/governor and it tops out probably around 18-20mph, guessing that the motor max RPM's. I haven't replaced the solenoid, controller, or motor yet. Maybe that's the issue?
aclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My Batteries are Good, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark View Post
2004 ez-go txt with lights (PDS)

I measured my batteries today and I think they all checked out. Each battery was 6.38-6.40 with one a bit lower at 6.35. The pack voltage is 38.3. Which should be at 38.22, right?

So my question is why does my cart slow down so much going uphill? I believe there is a freedom chip installed because I can hit 18 mph on flat ground. Going down hill I hit a regulator/governor and it tops out probably around 18-20mph, guessing that the motor max RPM's. I haven't replaced the solenoid, controller, or motor yet. Maybe that's the issue?
A Stock cart, with Stock Tires will go about 17 MPH. Up-hill however is a different story. Depending on the hill, you would see about 5 - 10 MPH.

Your batteries are spot on, but the stock 250 - 300a controller just can't supply the motor with enough juice to push it any faster up the hills.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A stock PDS will go 14 mph. With the freedom chip it will go 19 mph. The Stock controller is restricting this speed. An Alltrax XCT 400a controller will allow the motor to access about 70% more amperage than the stock control resulting in about 30-35% more torque or power for the hills. The Alltrax will limit rpm to 6000 rpms and the cart will top out about 23 mph with good batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
aclark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Great thanks!

I didn't have a multi-meter when I bought the cart, and a few days after I brought it home and started researching I found the battery water was VERY low. I was worried the batteries were damaged and I'd have to get new ones already (was told they were only a year old). Got the multi-meter the other day off Amazon because I knew I needed to test them. The previous owner said he upgraded the wires as well, but I'm not sure how to tell the gauge size.

I was looking at the Alltrax XCT48400 IQ kit (Controller, solenoid, 2g cable set, & battery meter) from scottyb I think. This is the kit I want to get good performance? Or do I need the XCT400PDS? Probably just need to PM you scottyb, when the time comes. At least I know I'm not running dead batteries now!!!
aclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO