lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
jessiegyork
Not Yet Wild

Default Going crazy! Help!

Ok I had speed controller rebuilt, changed solenoid & have rebuilt motor once I got it apart & found brush wires melted apart & think this is what made controller & solenoid go bad. Got all back together still doesn't go!!!! This is driving me crazy!

2004 36v ezgo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jessiegyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Going crazy! Help!

You are going to need to take a break. After break is over you are going to need a voltmeter and do some troubleshooting. I am not much help but the guys here are going to want to know if the solenoid clicks when you press the pedal and try to go.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegyork View Post
Ok I had speed controller rebuilt, changed solenoid & have rebuilt motor once I got it apart & found brush wires melted apart & think this is what made controller & solenoid go bad. Got all back together still doesn't go!!!! This is driving me crazy!

2004 36v ezgo
Motor rebuilds are good. Controller rebuilds, not so much. They are not rebuilt or remanufactured, they are repaired. When repaired, controllers don't always work correctly, and may not be reliable. If you buy wisely, you can buy a new Alltrax controller for near what most shops charge to repair a controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
jessiegyork
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
You are going to need to take a break. After break is over you are going to need a voltmeter and do some troubleshooting. I am not much help but the guys here are going to want to know if the solenoid clicks when you press the pedal and try to go.

Yep that's why going crazy. I have tested all voltage & it's good.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
jessiegyork
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Motor rebuilds are good. Controller rebuilds, not so much. They are not rebuilt or remanufactured, they are repaired. When repaired, controllers don't always work correctly, and may not be reliable. If you buy wisely, you can buy a new Alltrax controller for near what most shops charge to repair a controller.

Bob

Well that sucks to know I paid $200 for someone to supposedly rebuild it. I put it on the first time cart jumped them didn't go anymore. Emailed guy said send back he'd look at. In the mean time I discovered the motor wires being burnt up & rebuilt motor. Guy told me same thing was burned up in the controller he fixed no charge & sent back. Still not running! Maybe the controller burnt up again when I pushed pedal not sure nothing happens.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #6
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have the solenoid clicking? Is this a Series cart or a PDS cart?

What is the current battery voltages? What does the voltage measure at both sides of the solenoid?
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #7
jessiegyork
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
Do you have the solenoid clicking? Is this a Series cart or a PDS cart?

What is the current battery voltages? What does the voltage measure at both sides of the solenoid?

I think PDS it has the fwd reverse switch in dash. Battery voltage 36 plus at both sides of solenoid & the solenoid clicks.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #8
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok,

Since the solenoid is clicking, lets jump into some trouble shooting.

Put the rear of the Cart on Jack stands tires off the ground.

Flip your tow run switch to tow

Disconnect your negative cable from your battery pack

Remove the controller cover turn it upside down and pace it on top of the controller

Put your ground back on

Place tow run switch into Run

Key on

Forward Reverse in one or the other. Usually forward

Look at the diagram I attached, use a volt meter, place negative probe on negative side of battery pack, and probe each wire in red, see if you have 36 volts on each one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO