lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
slashpine
Getting Wild

Default Next step to fix RXV

Neither procedure as per the manual will release the motor/parking brake on my neighbor's 2013 RXV...is removing the brake (inspection and or replacement) the next logical action?
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Next step to fix RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpine View Post
Neither procedure as per the manual will release the motor/parking brake on my neighbor's 2013 RXV...is removing the brake (inspection and or replacement) the next logical action?
Maybe... There are fuses attached to one edge of the cover over the controller where the run/tow switch is. Also, the Run Plug under the cupholder must be in place. We really need to run diagnostics on that critter...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
slashpine
Getting Wild

Bob, Thanks for the help and the offers...I had sent the youtube video (replacing the brake) to my neighbor after performing the brake release procedures with no luck...
We removed the brake and cleaned up a little rust and corrosion put it back together and wallah...! running fine now...

Am curious though...in one thread I read that the brake should be energized key in N pos...when tightening the bolts...in the video the battery is not reconnected until after the new brake was installed...any idea which is correct?

Also I read about an newer plate with an o-ring between the plate and motor but I can't seem to find a kit that includes an 0-ring...the HD kits have new plates but no ring ??

Thanks again for all your help and advice...neighbor is happy as a clam not having to call in a pro but will keep you in mind...
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpine View Post
Bob, Thanks for the help and the offers...I had sent the youtube video (replacing the brake) to my neighbor after performing the brake release procedures with no luck...
We removed the brake and cleaned up a little rust and corrosion put it back together and wallah...! running fine now...

Am curious though...in one thread I read that the brake should be energized key in N pos...when tightening the bolts...in the video the battery is not reconnected until after the new brake was installed...any idea which is correct?

Also I read about an newer plate with an o-ring between the plate and motor but I can't seem to find a kit that includes an 0-ring...the HD kits have new plates but no ring ??

Thanks again for all your help and advice...neighbor is happy as a clam not having to call in a pro but will keep you in mind...
I recommend connecting the battery (while run/tow switch is in tow mode, key off) then use the bypass jumper method to release the brake so you can install it and rotate it into the proper position to install the bolts. Then put the bypass jumpers back in operate mode to engage the brake before switching run/tow to run mode. Then test the cart for proper operation.

There will likely be a lot of errors cluttering the error log by now. LOL
I'm glad to help, one of the reasons I stick around this forum when I'm not busy elsewhere. It looks like I may have to go back to DC, someone is messing around with Maria...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO