lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
Riding High
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart value

I am attempting to buy my first golf cart. I have found a 1990 EZGO monarch and am interested in what the value is. It is 36 volt. Any help determining the value would be great.
Riding High is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
rvingkeith
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart value

I’m no expert but from what I’ve seen probably between $1500 to $ 2500 depending on what extras it has.you can get a fairly new 48 volt with the extras from $3500 to $ 4500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rvingkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It's going to depend a bit on what area you're in. As with anything, you should probably do your research and find out what carts are going for in your area. Like the other poster said, a lot of it depends on what extras, if any, are on the cart.

One of the biggest things you need to consider is the age/condition of the batteries. If you have to replace them, you can expect 500-800+.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
Riding High
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys that was what I was thinking. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and if I get it ill start my build of my hunting buggie. Ill keep y'all posted as my build progresses. I have lots of fun ideas to put into this cart.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's not a resistor cart is it ? I don't know a lot about the ezgo line , but a guy in my hunt club just bought an 87 that is a resistor cart, and he's going to be spending a few $$ to change it over to solid state.

I noticed your in Woodstock ,Ga. I'm in Douglasville, and I've seen a few decent deals on CL lately, you might come out ahead finding one already lifted , which I'm sure you'll want to do anyway ?
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #6
Riding High
Not Yet Wild

I will check into it. Yes I'm going to lift it and possibly convert it to 4 wheel drive as well. Thanks for the information.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding High View Post
I will check into it. Yes I'm going to lift it and possibly convert it to 4 wheel drive as well. Thanks for the information.
Something else to consider, my cart is used for hunting/cruising around in the woods , I joined this forum about a year ago and mostly just read all the posts I could about lifted carts, carts for hunting/ off road, and from what I learned is the " series" carts are better suited for what we'll do with them, better than the " regen " carts, I got lucky and found mine already lifted, with 22 inch tires, just upgraded my batteries, upgraded the controller amps and 2ga cables and I couldn't be happier with its performance ! I wish I had gotten a cart years ago. If where you hunt is hilly versus flat, take into consideration you'll need a higher amp controller, if you can find a 48volt versus a 36 volt I believe its worth paying a little extra, I can ride mine around all weekend from Fri till Sunday on a 366acre tract and I still have plenty of juice left when I come home. I don't plan on mud bogging mine so 4wd won't be necessary for me, and with GBC dirt devils I've been able to climb in and out of ditches with no problem,
Old 10-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #8
Riding High
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the info. i'm wanting to build mine from the ground up so I am going to be changing the controller and possibly the motor if needed to make it 48 volt. I'm also thinking of putting a solor panel on the roof to charge if needed while I'm sitting in my stand. What would I be looking for to tell if this is a resistor cart?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You probably want to find something that is 96 or newer just for parts availability and something that old is only going to be worth a few hundred. 2010 and newer carts are available all day long in the less than $2500 mark.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You probably want to find something that is 96 or newer just for parts availability and something that old is only going to be worth a few hundred. 2010 and newer carts are available all day long in the less than $2500 mark.
I agree, ideally you would be better off with 96 or later model, to tell if its a resister cart simply raise the seat up and behind the batteries will be 5 or 6 big resister coils, if you don't see anything like that,, then its solid state. And if its a regen cart instead of a series cart, there will be a panel under the seat with a " tow /run " switch on it. Series carts are supposed to be better suited for use as a hunting/woods buggy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO