lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #31
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New DPI Boiling Off Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
RXV w/4 12v batts????

Look into tray and convert to 6/8v batts we do this on almost every RXV now BIG IMPROVEMENT !!!!
I considered that but I use the cart just for golf and an occasional trip to the club which isn't far. I couldn't justify the ROI.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #32
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavycdr View Post
I considered that but I use the cart just for golf and an occasional trip to the club which isn't far. I couldn't justify the ROI.
I bought the 6X8V aluminum battery tray and was shopping for a set of Trojan Ranger 160s when I happened upon a decent price on a set of 100 AH Lithium cells. More expensive than the Ranger 160s but they will last a lot longer than a few sets of lead/acid batteries.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #33
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I considered both the new tray and 6-8V's but figure I'll trade the cart next time it requires a new pack in 4 or 5 years. Hopefully longer as I try to take care of them. With a DPI and Trojans I figure 5 or better. You need to go only so fast on a golf course and 19.5 around the community is fine, especially with the A/C motor in the RXV.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #34
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I considered both the new tray and 6-8V's but figure I'll trade the cart next time it requires a new pack in 4 or 5 years. Hopefully longer as I try to take care of them. With a DPI and Trojans I figure 5 or better. You need to go only so fast on a golf course and 19.5 around the community is fine, especially with the A/C motor in the RXV.

I used to run my 2012 RXV at 25+, but the 2008 RXV Shuttle 2+2 I'm driving now I programmed for Freedom mode and set it to the 19.5 limit. Like you, I'm satisfied with that.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:18 AM   #35
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob, are you able to set the RXV to a higher speed, say 22 MPH without larger wheels/tires? I wouldn't mind a couple more MPH, nothing crazy, but I don't want to lose the torque that stock freedom mode gives me. It is a bit hilly around here.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #36
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob, are you able to set the RXV to a higher speed, say 22 MPH without larger wheels/tires? I wouldn't mind a couple more MPH, nothing crazy, but I don't want to lose the torque that stock freedom mode gives me. It is a bit hilly around here.
Yes I am. I have a Developer level programmer. Increasing speed by increasing tire size reduces torque, so the best way is to remove the E-Z-GO speed cap so it'll go faster with the stock tires. Where are you located in NC?

I'm probably less than a week away from going to central NC to pick up my RXV chassis Bandolero. It's sitting on my trailer there. Now that I bought the lithium cells for it, I need to get back to work on it.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #37
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yes I am. I have a Developer level programmer. Increasing speed by increasing tire size reduces torque, so the best way is to remove the E-Z-GO speed cap so it'll go faster with the stock tires. Where are you located in NC?

I'm probably less than a week away from going to central NC to pick up my RXV chassis Bandolero. It's sitting on my trailer there. Now that I bought the lithium cells for it, I need to get back to work on it.
I'm in Sanford -- in between Raleigh & Pinehurst down HWY !. Would I need to upgrade the cables from stock gage?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #38
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm in Sanford -- in between Raleigh & Pinehurst down HWY !. Would I need to upgrade the cables from stock gage?
I'll be close, my buddies custom car shop is near Bisco NC. I upgraded my cables to 2 guage welding wire. It's a good idea to upgrade the cables, but you can do that afterwards. Just be sure to move the run/tow switch before disconnecting or reconnecting your battety leads to put the controller in safe mode.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #39
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

New Trojans are in, charger operates flawlessly. The old batts were shot and not salvageable. My guy says he typically sees 3 1/2-4 years out of the US Batteries in RXV's. JohnnieB nailed it observing the mismatch between charger/battery charging profiles. BTW, I did change the jumpers to Mode 2, Trojan. Thanks to all for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO