lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
jalthaus5tx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Voltage reducer connected through ignition switch for Radio

I have 2012 EZGO TXT with 6 8V batteries. I purchased a 48 to 12 voltage reducer to be able to connect a 12V bluetooth speaker/charging accessory. I only want the radio to have power when the switch is on.
The standard wiring for the voltage reducer would be:
48V point to red input on Voltage Reducer
Ground from battery to black input on Voltage Reducer
Then accessory to the Voltage Reducer output wires.

How would I wire through the ignition switch to prevent the radio from playing when switch is off?

I'm sure I could buy a switch to put between the VR & accessory, but I have others that drive my cart and don't want them to forget to flip the switch.

This is the Voltage Reducer: EPBOWPT 120W Voltage Regulator Buck Converter 48V to 12V 10A Waterproof Voltage Reducer for Golf Cart.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
jalthaus5tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Spartan Mark
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Voltage reducer connected through ignition switch for Radio

You may find this BGW thread helpful: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1091955

There are several threads on this site, I've looked at many of them, all very helpful. Try typing "wiring radio" in the search bar (click search above). You're bound to find what you're looking for.
Spartan Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
jalthaus5tx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage reducer connected through ignition switch for Radio

Thank you Spartan Mark. I looked over them. My Voltage reducer doesn't have a specific wire to go to the Key Switch. Based on what I'm reading, I just run the input positive from the VR to the Key Switch green wire. Thank again for the quick response.
jalthaus5tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO