lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
emac
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 RXv won't go FWD or REV

Thank you for the write up. Great advice, I always wondered if you can check the batteries with the cables connected.

If you are going to load test, should you load test batteries individually keeping all the cables connected or the whole pack at once? I have a standard load tester I use for car batteries. My cart is an RXV.
emac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #12
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure on the load testing individually while hooked up ,So I'd un-hook for now just to find out . . hopefully someone else will post in on that .. (then I'll know)

Newbie myself, so i never give any actual repair advice ! . just trying to Give-back to the forum by copy and pasting some of the easier stuff so the BGW A-Team can have a little break on the simple stuff.
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #13
emac
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I am doing some diagnosing on my RXV. The motor brake locked up and I am just trying to figure out why before I replace the motor brake. It is a 2008, and I have replaced the brake once before several years ago, maybe 2013 or so.
emac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #14
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZHO View Post
Not sure on the load testing individually while hooked up ,So I'd un-hook for now just to find out . . hopefully someone else will post in on that .. (then I'll know)
This can be done somewhat easily with alligator clips on the teat leads.
They may have to be extended to reach out from under the seat to the meter for easy reading.
Clip on a battery and drive under a load like a small hill and take a reading.
High/low meter option helps here but you can come close without it.
Moving from battery to battery, drive under load and take readings.
This will show which battery is having problems under a load condition.

Excellent write up EZHO!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #15
Engine_head
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK guys the final results are in. After checking each battery and all 4 connected together I do have a healthy package. I replaced the "charge port" last night and suprise it works!!!!! It's amazing what you listen for to happen when you turn the key on. Brake released, motor moves and the beep sound ever so quickly. The "Tow/Run" sw works as it should. I have so much more knowledge about this cart now thanks to this forum and all the good people who helped me out. Many thanks to all!!!!
Engine_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #16
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_head View Post
Many thanks to all!!!!
Feel free to also Thank that DONATE link up top,
By helping keep this Forum open saves all of us a lot of money
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #17
Threeput
Gone Wild

I may be over simplifying this but I have a 2009 RXV..when I first bought it I had trouble getting it to go sometimes until I discovered why..I was putting the FNR switch into positions too fast...so now I put the key in....put it to N...wait a couple of seconds (you should hear the solenoid kick in) then put it to F...wait a second...then GENTLY press pedal...same going to R...since doing this I have had no problems
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeput View Post
I may be over simplifying this but I have a 2009 RXV..when I first bought it I had trouble getting it to go sometimes until I discovered why..I was putting the FNR switch into positions too fast...so now I put the key in....put it to N...wait a couple of seconds (you should hear the solenoid kick in) then put it to F...wait a second...then GENTLY press pedal...same going to R...since doing this I have had no problems
Yes, RXV is quite picky about Key/Pedal sequencing. This comes up all the time, and many cars I scan have hundreds of sequencing errors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO