lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default pds 2001.5 + rough ride after lift kit installed

I installed a 6" drop axle lift kit on my ezgo txt pds. Everything seems to be fine except it rides a little rougher than it used to. Is this normal? I did replace the rubber bushings in the leaf springs (well, actually install because they were completely gone when I installed the lift kit). I used the stock shocks. It rides fine on the road, but most of my riding is through the woods.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Do i need to look at new shocks? If so, which would you recommend? I don't want to break the bank, but I would like a smoother ride.

Thanks.
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: pds 2001.5 + rough ride after lift kit installed

Anyone? Thanks!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you change tires and wheels when you lifted the cart? If so what do you have mounted?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
georgia088
Gone Wild

Yes, I changed to tires that are labeled "duro" 22x11x10. They have max psi at 15. I don't know much about the tires, but that's what is written on them. They were used, but in good shape.

Thanks so much!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
AZ.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
Yes, I changed to tires that are labeled "duro" 22x11x10. They have max psi at 15. I don't know much about the tires, but that's what is written on them. They were used, but in good shape.

Thanks so much!
Tires are never to be inflated to their max PSI....Thats a warning, not a suggested psi!
AZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post

Thanks so much!
If you will look closer at the tires' sidewall, you will find that the max 15psi is for when they are being seated to the rim during installation. I am pretty sure those particular tires say "max inflation pressure for seating 15psi, max operating pressure 5psi".

Take a look at the Duro Tires factory brochure at this link. The PSI column is the maximum operating pressure for each tire. It is a long web page but your tires will be listed there. My guess is you have the HF244 Desert X-Country tire or the HF243 Mud and Sand tire. Regardless, you should run no more than 5 psi per their recommendations.

http://durotire.com/wp-content/uploa...gc-catalog.pdf
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
georgia088
Gone Wild

Ok. I will check that and possibly lower the psi. Has anyone added shocks that helped the ride? I have read some talk about using car shocks and they liked them and others say no because they are not designed for golf carts.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Shocks are a subjective thing. If your shocks are worn out and not damping spring actions then yes, new shocks will help the ride.

Personally, the stock shocks on my 96 TXT were inadequate for the larger tires and lifted suspension. I installed Gabriel shocks for a 1968 Mustang (rears) that fit all four locations on my cart. I believe your cart takes the same shocks as a 96. The ride was more controlled and smoother than with the stock shocks. The ride WILL NOT be as smooth as the stock suspension and stock tires, no matter what you do. The best a cart rides is with a good condition stock suspension. Modifications such as larger, heavier wheels/tires and lifts will change that no matter what you do.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
coosa
Gone Wild

I have a 2002 PDS that I modified with a 6" lift and 22" tires; sounds like it's very similar to yours. I didn't change the shocks or the springs, and it doesn't ride very well. It trailers even worse; way too much bounce in it. It stays at my farm and is on dirt all the time, and the roads are too rough to go very fast, so I am just gonna live with it. Did you adjust the toe-in? Adding the lift and tires threw mine off a lot and made it very hard to steer until someone on here told me how to set it. That made it steer much better, but it doesn't sound like that is the issue you are talking about.

I also have a 2008 PDS that was already lifted when I bought it. They used HD springs and put new shocks on it. It rides miles better than the other cart. I would have put new springs and shocks on the other one if I had known how much difference it would make in the ride. Good luck with it.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO