lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stereo install fail EZGO TXT

Sorry about the lack of photos, posting this between meetings. But I installed a stereo in the dash by cutting out the ball holder slot. This left enough for the stereo bracket to grab and I could install. Been working great for the past 2+ years.

Trouble is I hit a pretty rough set of bumps and the stereo fell out. Must've torn out a little of the plastic as now the stereo won't stay in just with it's own weight.

Are there stereo mounting kits available for stereo installations in the stock TXT dash? I'm hoping to find something to allow me to install in the same location if possible.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #2
mtbman1016
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stereo install fail EZGO TXT

You can use a back strap to attach the rear of the radio and fasten the strap behind the dash, maybe through the upper dust flap between dash and upper shock mounts. The back straps typically come with every radio. If you have a Best Buy or local audio shop, they’ll have a ton of those lying around and would likely be glad to give you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbman1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good idea mtbman.

I did look for a mounting kit for the front as well, but I came up short. Everything was vehicle specific and I just want basically a piece of metal or plastic with the right size hole. I'll try the strap and see how that goes.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
mtbman1016
Not Yet Wild

They do sell trim rings that go around the radio cage. This will usually give you a 1/4” finished edge around the radio to cover any rough edges from the cut out. Check out Metra or Scosche for the trim rings. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Hossstyl3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd change over to an iPod or smal, tuner that just plugs into speakers. That way I do t have to worry about the head unit
Hossstyl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #6
mtbman1016
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossstyl3 View Post
I'd change over to an iPod or smal, tuner that just plugs into speakers. That way I do t have to worry about the head unit

Absolutely the way to go now, I’m considering one for my own versus cutting into the dash. Way less modification needed and makes for a clean install. Good call.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO