lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #11
mikeswheels
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor amp draw chart/curves for Lithium battery conversion

I've purchased (6) 10s 2p battery packs and have ordered 4 more for a total of (10) packs. (200 cells) Cost is $450.
Each pack will be 37V nominal, 42V max, and 4.4 AH ea. pack for 44AH total. 200A max, 100A continious.
Each pack has a non ballancing BMS. I plan to wire the packs in parallel without any other modifications. Any thoughts?
mikeswheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #12
taylordunn
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Interesting will you be documenting this build with pictures?

Derek
taylordunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #13
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I wanted to extrapolate this out for a 48v 500 amp system and this is equivalent to a 225ah lead acid system. I did add some extra serial for a little boosted performance. I was looking at a 14s 50p string of batteries. That will give me 110ah compared to 225ah or 88 vs 112 usable capacity. Hopefully the weight loss will offset the capacity loss. The cell weight is 1.5 oz, for a pack weight of 67lbs. That's a whole lot of little batteries, but I think this is the equivalent of what Tesla is doing. The battery costs($1,575) seems high compared to a leaf conversion

I'm interested in how this conversion works out.
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #14
mikeswheels
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will take pictures when I get started with the actual build. Probably February. I'm still thinking it through. I think the controller is 250 amps and this 200 cell battery will be 200 amps. Wish I knew what the inrush max current is when you start the motor? Might bump it up another 60 cells to get to 260 amps.
mikeswheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO