lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #31
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car only moves a little

Hallelujah praise SERGIO THE GOLF CART GOD thank you sir for all your help batteries was the problem. Even the obc is working. Thank you again for all the help!!!
campgroundcruiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #32
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hope you didn't buy AGM batteries. They are not suitable for electric carts. They will fail pretty quickly. Cold cranking amps mean nothing. You need AH rated flooded cells. Minimum 160 AH.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #33
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am glad You got it working , what batteries did You get?

The OEM Powerdrive charger and OBC are not designed to charge AGM batteries, You need deep cycle batteries like the Trojan T-1275 (12v).

Stay away from batteries that list CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) as they would have thinner plates designed to provide larger discharge but for shorter periods, even the marine ones that claim dual purpose.

If You don't use the cart a lot there are lots of other options that are less expensive than the Trojans that will provide good service life.

I have Duracell brand batteries in my cart for 6 years now.

Hopefully members from Ohio can pitch in for other brands that are locally available.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #34
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got the ones I listed in my previous post but told them there was a chance I would be bribing them back. Would it be safe to run these for the weekend?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:26 PM   #35
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It will be fine for a few days, the charger will have a tendency of overcharging the AGM batteries in the long run.

If the parts place is a Deka re-seller, these are their Golf Cart batteries:
https://www.eastpennmanufacturing.co...Flyer-0248.pdf
If they have other options, compare them by the "mins @ 56A", that is how many minutes they will deliver 56 amps which is a good indication of their capacity.

The other specification they gave is the "20AH Capacity" which is the capacity the battery will deliver when discharged for 20 hours.

That is not a very practical number for a Golf Cart, that "105ah@20hr" means a load of 5.25 Amps (105/20) placed on the batteries for 20 hours.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 AM   #36
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just thought I would update. I did get 4 new deka GC12V's and the cart is running great!!! Thanks you Sergio for your help and everyone else.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car