lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #11
Kirylaufer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Confused on wiring, 96 Club Car 48v. New to Electric Carts

Recpro is also much heavier duty like lightswitch, turnsignal and harness connections. Don't work there, but my cart has had no harness issues in 8 months. (Seems like long time)
Kirylaufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

rebauto,

I replied to your email, but I'll reply here as well. I'd like for you to call me as I feel I can much better assist you with all of your questions over the phone. We can put a package together to do exactly as you want to do. Your cart is a 1996 DS that was originally equipped with the Regen 1 drive system. It's been converted to the Regen 2 system with a factory conversion kit. The regen 2 "conversion" controller is not the same as the OEM regen 2 controller. There is a difference in wire pin-out location and it's also designed to operate without a tow/run switch. There are no upgrade controllers available for a regen 1/2 converted car. The best option for you would be to convert to IQ and replace all of these old parts with new modern electronics and build a drive system around that. 706-431-3917.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #13
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
rebauto,

I replied to your email, but I'll reply here as well. I'd like for you to call me as I feel I can much better assist you with all of your questions over the phone. We can put a package together to do exactly as you want to do. Your cart is a 1996 DS that was originally equipped with the Regen 1 drive system. It's been converted to the Regen 2 system with a factory conversion kit. The regen 2 "conversion" controller is not the same as the OEM regen 2 controller. There is a difference in wire pin-out location and it's also designed to operate without a tow/run switch. There are no upgrade controllers available for a regen 1/2 converted car. The best option for you would be to convert to IQ and replace all of these old parts with new modern electronics and build a drive system around that. 706-431-3917.
A huge shoutout to David at Revolution. Talked to him last night and he is going to get me hooked up! Should be up and running in no time, I can't wait!
I forgot to ask when we talked yesterday, is there a way to put a valet switch type device on the cart? Where if the kids get on it, they can't get full power.
rebauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebauto View Post
A huge shoutout to David at Revolution. Talked to him last night and he is going to get me hooked up! Should be up and running in no time, I can't wait!
I forgot to ask when we talked yesterday, is there a way to put a valet switch type device on the cart? Where if the kids get on it, they can't get full power.
Yes. The Alltrax FN-KEY module will allow you to set three different profiles for the controller and will allow you to lock it into a certain setting. You can't change the setting unless you have the key.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes. The Alltrax FN-KEY module will allow you to set three different profiles for the controller and will allow you to lock it into a certain setting. You can't change the setting unless you have the key.
Is that included in what I ordered last night?
rebauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebauto View Post
Is that included in what I ordered last night?
No. It's optional.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #17
spf34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David,

I have the same setup as rebauto I believe. I purchased the MCOR4 and kit from you a couple years ago.

I would like to talk to you about putting a conversion package together for my cart. I called and left a message.

Thanks,
Andy Smith
478-225-8433
spf34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car