lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear Springs

I need to replace my rear springs and wondering whether I should go to HD springs or not. I've ridden in some carts that had a very harsh ride and don't want that. So my question to those that have made the change are you happy with the HD springs? Should tell you that while I don't usually carry heavy loads I do plan on adding a rear seat. Use the cart off road some but not that much.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Springs

sowilliams, unless you have a backseat or really want a stiffer ride, you will probably need to go with the standard stock springs. If you want to stiffen the ride a little more, you can go with some stronger shocks in the rear as well.

Just my $.02...
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Actually....what yellow36vpds is saying if you "read between the lines" is....Is your wife\girlfriend on the Ummmm hefty side? Or....are her G\F's that will be riding on the back...do they go 170 or better? That's each....not together. I'm not attempting to be mean, just trying to obtain the facts. Well, maybe a little mean....well...not mean....just sarcastic.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #4
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Our cart has the HD springs with a utility bed. The ride is ok to me, a little stiffer than a neighbor's TXT with stock springs and utility bed but just fine. Especially when you put stuff in the back it does a lot better than the neighbor's.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

A couple of weeks ago I replaced my stock springs with what are called "dual-action HD springs". The design is 2 leaves and a "overload" spring stack. Like you, here is a rear seat (that I'm building now) in the future of this cart. So far the 3rd spring hasn't been tested yet, but the ride with the new springs has only been a little stiffer (but not harsh). The only place where I could notice a difference was where tree roots raised speed bumps in the cart path (with only 2 people on board). Also the new springs raised the body 1/2 inch. Since this is my first cart, I have no other frame of reference, but I'd say so far they're working as advertised.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I replaced my stock springs with what are called "dual-action HD springs". The design is 2 leaves and a "overload" spring stack. Like you, here is a rear seat (that I'm building now) in the future of this cart. So far the 3rd spring hasn't been tested yet, but the ride with the new springs has only been a little stiffer (but not harsh). The only place where I could notice a difference was where tree roots raised speed bumps in the cart path (with only 2 people on board). Also the new springs raised the body 1/2 inch. Since this is my first cart, I have no other frame of reference, but I'd say so far they're working as advertised.
Tag,

Where'd you find the dual action springs?
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My springs on my 95 Medalist were worn out. I put the HD springs on along with a rear seat. The ride was very harsh. If I had it to do over again, I would go with standard springs even with a back seat. I have not tried the dual action springs however.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The regular springs are great with no load on back seat. when 4 passengers are aboard, the handling can be squirrely, and bottoms out easy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO