lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
backyarder
Not Yet Wild

Default limp mode then works normal till it sits

Ezgo 04 txt.Cart starts out in a half speed mode. if i switch back and forth with the forward /reverse micro switch it works perfect. if i stop for more than a minute or two it starts out in limp mode again. anybody know how to fix?
backyarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: limp mode then works normal till it sits

Welcome to BGW!

The drive type is needed to answer your questions, but it sounds like you have a PDS type drive system.

Place the controller in diagnostic mode and listen for the error code.

The text at the bottom of the attached label tells you how to get into diagnostic mode and the error codes.

Based on the symptoms, my first guess is that it will be a "Solenoid Welded" error, so check for full battery pack voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
backyarder
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip I will try that. I'm not sure how to tell what type of drive system I have. I'm new to this but a capable backyard mechanic. Ok performed test and got a 3-2 beep code. It say check aux. power/ replace solenoid. but why does it work proper when I rock back and forth with the micro switch. is the solenoid bad or is it a warning that its going bad. too cold out to take it apart but could it be just a bad connection at the solenoid? again thank you so much for your input. the nearest repair shop is 45min.s away and cost a fortune just to check.
backyarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyarder View Post
Thanks for the tip I will try that. I'm not sure how to tell what type of drive system I have. I'm new to this but a capable backyard mechanic. Ok performed test and got a 3-2 beep code. It say check aux. power/ replace solenoid. but why does it work proper when I rock back and forth with the micro switch. is the solenoid bad or is it a warning that its going bad. too cold out to take it apart but could it be just a bad connection at the solenoid? again thank you so much for your input. the nearest repair shop is 45min.s away and cost a fortune just to check.
That error can be caused if the voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5 are less than FULL pack voltage. (First thing to check listed on the label is Aux Power - that is either Pin-4 or Pin-5, I don't remember which, so check both)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO