lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #21
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking for help deciding on motor

well the video shows it at 10,000 dont know if that was a safe RPM lol. Not that i would ever have it that fast. but im assuming that its higher that 6000 rpms.

their website says that it will push a stock cart to 25mph, so thats
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Hopefully, nobody got the impression that I was trying to second-guess D&D or PQ. They undoubtedly know the capabilities and limitations of electric motors far more than I do, and most likely far more than I ever will know, especially their own products.

Basically, I'm not exactly sure what role RPM plays in this application, but after reading scottyb's comments, I suspect the D&D's line of reasoning is more related to tort law rather than the laws of physics.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #23
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have a Bandit upgrade from Plumquick with Standard gear ratio, 18" tires.
@ 25 mph, per my Speedhut GPS Speedometer, I calculate to about 5800 rpm. I once got up to 35 mph for about 5 seconds while going downhill with pedal to the floor (don't do this - too fast for this type of vehicle in my opinion) which I believe is about 8100 rpm. That was about 2 years ago and have noticed no ill effects with my Bandit.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO