lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Farm Boy-2015
Not Yet Wild

Default Best cart for lifting and hilly area

Hello all. I'm glad I ran across this forum. I have been researching the electric ezgo carts so I know what to buy. I have seen a few in my area for sale and not sure what is the best model is to buy. I will be installing a mild lift kit and some better tires for traction. I will be using the cart for hunting and will also install a flat bed for hauling stuff around our place. I guess my question is what is the better model to get the most low end power without braking the bank and the easiest to work on. I have seen the PDS , TXT and RXV models for sale but don't know what all the differences are in them. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Farm Boy-2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best cart for lifting and hilly area

A series drive TXT ( not a PDS drive TXT) is the best at making low end torque.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Farm Boy-2015
Not Yet Wild

How do you tell the difference? I had a guy tell me to find a one with the toggle switch under the seat on the inner finder and that the are better for lifting, but he didn't say which model.
Farm Boy-2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I do believe the PDS has the switch (tow/ haul I think it's called) on the dash and the series has just the foward /reverse lever by your rt leg mounted to the battery compartment
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Boy-2015 View Post
How do you tell the difference? I had a guy tell me to find a one with the toggle switch under the seat on the inner finder and that the are better for lifting, but he didn't say which model.
well the guy told you wrong....he was directing you to a SEPEX drive.....and what you want, as scotty mentioned, is a SERIES drive.

you ask the question of how do you tell the difference......check this out....its how you tell they difference.

ezgoguide.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you aren't concerned with the noise, a gasser - like a WorkHorse - would make a fine hunting buggy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #7
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Might look at the RXV a little closer.
Maybe Grassflats will chime in with additional info and update.

BGW -- grassflatsfisher

Haven't read every post but I went through all the same problems you are having with my 02 PDS. It was also a hunting cart and we have some significant hills etc to go up and down also. My original motor had a broken field wire from where the cart had been wrecked prior to me getting it. I sent the motor to plumquick and got one of their purple motors. It lasted about a month before buring it up. It was a great motor, it just wasn't made to creep around the camp with people, gear, and dead deer on the back. I ended up getting a d&d and it lasted about 2 days of turkey hunting before melting down. Again, just think the application was wrong. I then said enough is enough and bought the $100 kit to convert my cart from a PDS to a Series cart. Basically it was the fwd rvs knob, linkage, and Fnr switch itself in the kit...super easy install. I upgraded the buss bars in the factory fnr switch, new hd solenoid, new 500amp Alltrax, and a EMP 2 Speed series motor. Cart has run like a dream ever since. It has never over heated and will pull wheelies in torque mode. On high setting it runs about 20mph and on torque mode it tops out at 12mph which is perfect for hunting. I ended up selling it to a buddy of mine last year and he has run it the last 2 hunting season with no problems as well. Everyone in his camp wants to build one just like it because its faster and has a ton more power than any of theirs.

Although I do love that cart I upgraded to a 2011 RXV recently and I can not tell you how awesome this cart has been in the woods. It has taken me a little work to get all the squeeks and cracks out but now that I have it quieted down I feel like a ninja going in and out of my camp now. Matter of fact, its first 4 trips in the woods it hauled out 3 8pts and a big 7pt. And should have been a 5th 8pt I shot with my bow but ended losing on a neighbors property. Coincidence? Maybe...we had a crazy good rut this year. It runs 27mph top end and creeps along great with ZERO heating issues. The little bit of regen it has is perfect for going down hills. You basically get the speed where you want it and hold the pedel there and it stays at that speed. Plenty of torque and takes hills like their nothing. The DC/AC system is very efficient and goes forever on a charge compared to my other txt carts from the past. Very happy to say the least. Can't wait to chase A few long beards around next month.

Grassflats ? any new stuff to add?
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO