lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #11
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: price of tires for EZGO RXV

Sams club has Golf Cart tires Mounted on new Rims and ready to go 45.00 All Golf carts use 4x100 lug pattern. Trust me, go to Sams and get your tires and wheels and install yourself or get a local mexican to install.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge50 View Post
Sams club has Golf Cart tires Mounted on new Rims and ready to go 45.00 All Golf carts use 4x100 lug pattern. Trust me, go to Sams and get your tires and wheels and install yourself or get a local mexican to install.
That's not very PC.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:50 AM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

It's also not accurate. Golf cart lugs are 4 on 4, not 4 on 100. There is a difference, and it DOES matter.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:06 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm no wheel expert, but is it possible he's talking metric? 1" = 2.54 cm, so 4" is "about" 100 mm.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Hey, don't pick on the "local Mexican". I had a tire on one of the four wheelers go flat, branch went through it, late Saturday afternoon in a small town and no one was open. Someone suggested this guy and went to him. He was closed and getting ready for a mariachi party, no kidding, looked at me holdings this disaster and said come with me. He took it off the rim, cleaned it applied a full inside patch then torched it. Never seen that but kewl to watch. Mounted it back and handed it to me. Okay how much?? Expecting to get reamed and he said no charge have a nice weekend. I was floored.. I gave him $25 that he didn't want to accept but I found out the party they were getting ready for was a charity event so I told him he could donate it to that. He smiled, said thank you and out the door I went.. he is my go to guy in that area now..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:41 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Oh and back to the post, gkeil, go check out your local cart shop. Like was said they usually have take offs. My local guy shipped off 3 pallets full last week. Not all good but some were like new.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm no wheel expert, but is it possible he's talking metric? 1" = 2.54 cm, so 4" is "about" 100 mm.
Yes, he is talking metric. People say it's OK to mount 4 on 100 rims to a cart because its "close enough", but they are playing a dangerous game. Why not just pound the nuts onto the lugs with a hammer? It's close enough....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Yes, he is talking metric. People say it's OK to mount 4 on 100 rims to a cart because its "close enough", but they are playing a dangerous game. Why not just pound the nuts onto the lugs with a hammer? It's close enough....
I agree, "close enough" is gonna bite you in the a** eventually, its just a matter of when.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #19
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

If you were closer I have a set of 18x8.5x8 on rims you could have. I agree with Bmatlock00...cart shops around me can't give them away either.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:34 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Hey, don't pick on the "local Mexican". I had a tire on one of the four wheelers go flat, branch went through it, late Saturday afternoon in a small town and no one was open. Someone suggested this guy and went to him. He was closed and getting ready for a mariachi party, no kidding, looked at me holdings this disaster and said come with me. He took it off the rim, cleaned it applied a full inside patch then torched it. Never seen that but kewl to watch. Mounted it back and handed it to me. Okay how much?? Expecting to get reamed and he said no charge have a nice weekend. I was floored.. I gave him $25 that he didn't want to accept but I found out the party they were getting ready for was a charity event so I told him he could donate it to that. He smiled, said thank you and out the door I went.. he is my go to guy in that area now..
I'm not against "Mexicans", just calling all Hispanics Mexicans. My wife also had good experience with a Hispanic auto body shop that charged a fraction of what the "other" body shop wanted when her rear bumper nearly fell off and was dragging the road. I suspect they weren't all "Mexicans", as many Central Americans are called. I lived in Honduras for 2-1/2 years, and the Native Americans (since the last ice age 10,000 years ago) are often called Indians or Mexicans.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO