lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Precedent?

i did not know about the 4 speed upgrade. do you know anything about installing it?
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
benjamin24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think either club car or an equiped golf cart shop would have to program it for you.
benjamin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmash View Post
i did not know about the 4 speed upgrade. do you know anything about installing it?
This must be done by a Club Car dealer and you'll need to have them order this for you, (prices vary from CC dealer to CC dealer.) They'll need information from your cart in order to order and receive this Private Speed code from CC. Here is a link to the actual installation book explaining what they will need to do.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...4-details.html

You can also just install an upgraded motor from Plum Quick, a sponsor here on BGW for a bit more money but a whole lot more speed.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
BamaDozier
Getting Wild

Club Car

You will find a different opinion from a lot of people on this forum. The overall trend seems to be older Club Car DS over IQ's though and I'm sure there are strength in numbers. I don't know anything about these carts as I just purchased mine last week. What I do know is that ultimately you need to make the decision based off of what you read and hear that will make you happy. Don't depend on any one answer. It's your money. I ended up buying a 2006 Precedent with 08' batteries, cooler, and back cover for $1950 out the door. I was looking for a good DS with newer batteries, but when I saw this one I looked it over and decided I would go with it. I like the look of the Precedent and am currently waiting on my PlumQuick motor to get here along with a 500 amp controller. THe IQ's are a shunt wound motor which means they can burn up easier if you bog them down and stay on the accelerator. I did not want the baddest of the bad mud bogger woods buggy but will use it for hunting and light trail riding. I should be fine with the upgrades for what I personally will need it for. If things break than things break but at least I bought it knowing it wasn't what the majority buy and I was okay with that. Just get what you want and be happy. If it breaks be prepared for the I told you so's when you ask for help on here I'm hoping mine lasts a good while
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car