lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #21
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Calling all Regen 1 experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Truth is my exprence with loss control over regen braking is on ezgo carts the course has. That was enough to get me to do away with it on my carts.
I saw in another thread your magnet modification, looks like you only have one pulse (book says 4 pulses in stock form) per armature revolution .

Did you try having two or just took off material to what it is now??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magnetdc.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 121643d1434766343-roll-away-braking-image.jpg (98.6 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #22
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I just took off material until the regen stopped working and the roll away would still work. This was on my regen 2 cart. It has a bandit motor but they don't do anything with the magnet. Most everyone just disconnect the speed sensor on regen 2 , but I needed the roll away braking to work.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #23
OLDESTCOWBOY
Not Yet Wild

I have a 96 CC Regen1 controller and motor I took out of my CC. and replaced
with series system. Call me if you are interested in. 352-460-4270, Bob
OLDESTCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #24
tfritch72
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys, been awhile since I have been on here but here is the skinny. Had a local guy that said he had someone who could rebuild my controller so I took it off and had him send it in. For the last month it has apparently been traveling the world lost by the postal service. In the meantime we learned it was not rebuildable. So now my question is, what are my options? I'm reading lots of different opinions on here. A little expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
tfritch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #25
tfritch72
Not Yet Wild

Do you still have yours oldestcowboy?
Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can convert to series or IQ.

IQ is simpler because your cart already has the Run/Tow switch and rocker F&R

But series is doable with a reversing contactor F&R using your OEM rocker... Just an extra expense. I guess it depends upon how you want to use the cart and what performance you are looking for. In our Regen II to IQ conversion we used a D&D 506 motor which gave lots of torque and 22-24 mph.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ersion-iq.html
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #27
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I will soon be making choices like this myself (so I've given it some thought) if anything breaks on my cart. Actually, I think he's Regen 1, which does not have a run/tow switch - he will need a hand-made-IQ conversion-kit from David which would include one. He is now at a definite crossroads with a number of options, I think:

1) Convert to Series (per your description above) - which will also require a motor change

2) Convert to IQ with the following parts

*IQ wire harness
*IQ controller (many choices)
*Install Run/Tow switch
*Pre-MCOR to MCOR conversion kit (for the accelerator)

3) Buy the only Regen-1 replacement controller that's currently available these days (from a sponsor preferably) - and leave it stock.

If doing #2 - he should really use David (at Revolution) who can create the the correct parts list as a "kit". That way he'll have a real IQ cart and can buy any IQ controller he chooses.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can convert to series or IQ.

IQ is simpler because your cart already has the Run/Tow switch and rocker F&R

But series is doable with a reversing contactor F&R using your OEM rocker... Just an extra expense. I guess it depends upon how you want to use the cart and what performance you are looking for. In our Regen II to IQ conversion we used a D&D 506 motor which gave lots of torque and 22-24 mph.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ersion-iq.html
This Regen 2 cart is now a real IQ too ?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #29
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
This Regen 2 cart is now a real IQ too ?
Oh...I didn't state that thought properly - I know that was a real conversion too. I was just trying to identify the differences. Converting a Regen 2 multi-step to MCOR (I think) uses different parts than converting the pot-boxes on Regen 1. And then of course, adding run/tow.

There is certainly nothing less real on yours & David's conversion of that Regen 2...just some different random bits& pieces from CC involved!
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #30
tfritch72
Not Yet Wild

Joesam, you are correct, regen 1. I think. Ive read so many different things on here I am confused. Do you have any idea what costs may be associated with options 1 or 2 that you listed. It looks like a stock control is almost $500, if I can upgrade and get a little more performance out of it without breaking the bank I would like to. We use it to run around town and to kids events at the school, a lot nicer than jumping in the car to travel ten blocks. We also play an occasional round of golf but not a lot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car